Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United, Premier League: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 25, 2013 8:01 PM EST
Tottenham take on West Ham at Upton park in a London derby as the North London club look to move into third place and keep a four point lead over rivals Arsenal for a place in the top four. West Ham, on the other hand will be looking to regain some form after their solitary win in the last six games. Tottenham have had the upper hand in the match-up, having already defeated their London rivals 3-1 at White Hart Lane,earlier in the season.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 8pm GMT. Live telecast is on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD.
West Ham will be looking to make the best out of their homes fixtures, having failed to gather any points from their last four games away from Upton park. The Hammers have played only three fixtures at home since the turn of the year and gained seven points from a possible nine, which will be encouraging for Sam Allardyce in his quest to finish in the top half of the Premier League table this season. However, it is the defense that is letting Big Sam down this season, with the Hammers scoring in each of their matches in the league this season since their promotion, except in a 0-0 draw against Manchester City at Upton Park. On the flipside, they have conceded 38 goals this season against the 27 scored, much to the agony of the manager. The Hammers are currently 13th in the League table with 30 points, three points behind Stoke City on 10th.
Tottenham are on a 10 game unbeaten streak with the North Londoners still to lose in the league after the turn of the year. Gareth Bale's brilliant form for Spurs, scoring six goals in his last five appearances in all competitions for Tottenham has boosted the morale of the side and in the absence of Daniel Defoe has given the squad an attacking threat from midfield. Former Chelsea manager Andres Villas-Boas has some vested interests in the game as he gets an opportunity to leap frog his former club and earn some form of redemption after his unceremonious sacking last season.
Tottenham enter the game on the back of a 1-1 draw against Lyon in the Europa League, facilitating their qualification to the round of 16 of the Europa League. Moussa Dembele scored a late equalizer to deny the French and keep Tottenham's hopes alive of a trophy this season, having been knocked out of all domestic cup competitions. This is a must win match for Andres Villas-Boas whose side will play host to Arsenal at the White Hart Lane next week, a game which may prove pivotal to Tottenham's top four hopes.
West Ham United
Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L W L L D
Last Match: Aston Villa 2-1 West Ham
Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): DWWWD
Last Match: Olympique Lyonnais 1 - Tottenham 1
Sam Allardyce will be boosted by the return to fitness of defender James Collins(hamstring) but the Welshman is unlikely to start for the Hammers. Joey O'Brien (thigh) is also a doubt while George McCartney is certain to miss out with a knee injury.
Probable Line-Up: Jaaskelainen; Demel, Reid, Tomkins, Taylor; Noble, Diame; J Cole, Nolan, Jarvis; Carroll
Andres Villas-Boas is sure to be without Jermain Defoe(pelvis) and Tom Huddlestone(knee) but will be boosted by the improving fitness of long term absentee Sandro. Hugo Lloris is also expected to make his way back into the squad after being rested against Lyon in the Europa League.
Probable Line-Up: Lloris; Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Adebayor
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones