Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United, Premier League: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 25, 2013 8:01 PM EST
Tottenham take on West Ham at Upton park in a London derby as the North London club look to move into third place and keep a four point lead over rivals Arsenal for a place in the top four. West Ham, on the other hand will be looking to regain some form after their solitary win in the last six games. Tottenham have had the upper hand in the match-up, having already defeated their London rivals 3-1 at White Hart Lane,earlier in the season.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 8pm GMT. Live telecast is on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD.
West Ham will be looking to make the best out of their homes fixtures, having failed to gather any points from their last four games away from Upton park. The Hammers have played only three fixtures at home since the turn of the year and gained seven points from a possible nine, which will be encouraging for Sam Allardyce in his quest to finish in the top half of the Premier League table this season. However, it is the defense that is letting Big Sam down this season, with the Hammers scoring in each of their matches in the league this season since their promotion, except in a 0-0 draw against Manchester City at Upton Park. On the flipside, they have conceded 38 goals this season against the 27 scored, much to the agony of the manager. The Hammers are currently 13th in the League table with 30 points, three points behind Stoke City on 10th.
Tottenham are on a 10 game unbeaten streak with the North Londoners still to lose in the league after the turn of the year. Gareth Bale's brilliant form for Spurs, scoring six goals in his last five appearances in all competitions for Tottenham has boosted the morale of the side and in the absence of Daniel Defoe has given the squad an attacking threat from midfield. Former Chelsea manager Andres Villas-Boas has some vested interests in the game as he gets an opportunity to leap frog his former club and earn some form of redemption after his unceremonious sacking last season.
Tottenham enter the game on the back of a 1-1 draw against Lyon in the Europa League, facilitating their qualification to the round of 16 of the Europa League. Moussa Dembele scored a late equalizer to deny the French and keep Tottenham's hopes alive of a trophy this season, having been knocked out of all domestic cup competitions. This is a must win match for Andres Villas-Boas whose side will play host to Arsenal at the White Hart Lane next week, a game which may prove pivotal to Tottenham's top four hopes.
West Ham United
Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L W L L D
Last Match: Aston Villa 2-1 West Ham
Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): DWWWD
Last Match: Olympique Lyonnais 1 - Tottenham 1
Sam Allardyce will be boosted by the return to fitness of defender James Collins(hamstring) but the Welshman is unlikely to start for the Hammers. Joey O'Brien (thigh) is also a doubt while George McCartney is certain to miss out with a knee injury.
Probable Line-Up: Jaaskelainen; Demel, Reid, Tomkins, Taylor; Noble, Diame; J Cole, Nolan, Jarvis; Carroll
Andres Villas-Boas is sure to be without Jermain Defoe(pelvis) and Tom Huddlestone(knee) but will be boosted by the improving fitness of long term absentee Sandro. Hugo Lloris is also expected to make his way back into the squad after being rested against Lyon in the Europa League.
Probable Line-Up: Lloris; Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Adebayor
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements