Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United, Premier League: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 25, 2013 8:01 PM EST
Tottenham take on West Ham at Upton park in a London derby as the North London club look to move into third place and keep a four point lead over rivals Arsenal for a place in the top four. West Ham, on the other hand will be looking to regain some form after their solitary win in the last six games. Tottenham have had the upper hand in the match-up, having already defeated their London rivals 3-1 at White Hart Lane,earlier in the season.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 8pm GMT. Live telecast is on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD.
West Ham will be looking to make the best out of their homes fixtures, having failed to gather any points from their last four games away from Upton park. The Hammers have played only three fixtures at home since the turn of the year and gained seven points from a possible nine, which will be encouraging for Sam Allardyce in his quest to finish in the top half of the Premier League table this season. However, it is the defense that is letting Big Sam down this season, with the Hammers scoring in each of their matches in the league this season since their promotion, except in a 0-0 draw against Manchester City at Upton Park. On the flipside, they have conceded 38 goals this season against the 27 scored, much to the agony of the manager. The Hammers are currently 13th in the League table with 30 points, three points behind Stoke City on 10th.
Tottenham are on a 10 game unbeaten streak with the North Londoners still to lose in the league after the turn of the year. Gareth Bale's brilliant form for Spurs, scoring six goals in his last five appearances in all competitions for Tottenham has boosted the morale of the side and in the absence of Daniel Defoe has given the squad an attacking threat from midfield. Former Chelsea manager Andres Villas-Boas has some vested interests in the game as he gets an opportunity to leap frog his former club and earn some form of redemption after his unceremonious sacking last season.
Tottenham enter the game on the back of a 1-1 draw against Lyon in the Europa League, facilitating their qualification to the round of 16 of the Europa League. Moussa Dembele scored a late equalizer to deny the French and keep Tottenham's hopes alive of a trophy this season, having been knocked out of all domestic cup competitions. This is a must win match for Andres Villas-Boas whose side will play host to Arsenal at the White Hart Lane next week, a game which may prove pivotal to Tottenham's top four hopes.
West Ham United
Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L W L L D
Last Match: Aston Villa 2-1 West Ham
Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): DWWWD
Last Match: Olympique Lyonnais 1 - Tottenham 1
Sam Allardyce will be boosted by the return to fitness of defender James Collins(hamstring) but the Welshman is unlikely to start for the Hammers. Joey O'Brien (thigh) is also a doubt while George McCartney is certain to miss out with a knee injury.
Probable Line-Up: Jaaskelainen; Demel, Reid, Tomkins, Taylor; Noble, Diame; J Cole, Nolan, Jarvis; Carroll
Andres Villas-Boas is sure to be without Jermain Defoe(pelvis) and Tom Huddlestone(knee) but will be boosted by the improving fitness of long term absentee Sandro. Hugo Lloris is also expected to make his way back into the squad after being rested against Lyon in the Europa League.
Probable Line-Up: Lloris; Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Adebayor
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet