Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United, Premier League: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 25, 2013 8:01 PM EST
Tottenham take on West Ham at Upton park in a London derby as the North London club look to move into third place and keep a four point lead over rivals Arsenal for a place in the top four. West Ham, on the other hand will be looking to regain some form after their solitary win in the last six games. Tottenham have had the upper hand in the match-up, having already defeated their London rivals 3-1 at White Hart Lane,earlier in the season.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 8pm GMT. Live telecast is on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD.
West Ham will be looking to make the best out of their homes fixtures, having failed to gather any points from their last four games away from Upton park. The Hammers have played only three fixtures at home since the turn of the year and gained seven points from a possible nine, which will be encouraging for Sam Allardyce in his quest to finish in the top half of the Premier League table this season. However, it is the defense that is letting Big Sam down this season, with the Hammers scoring in each of their matches in the league this season since their promotion, except in a 0-0 draw against Manchester City at Upton Park. On the flipside, they have conceded 38 goals this season against the 27 scored, much to the agony of the manager. The Hammers are currently 13th in the League table with 30 points, three points behind Stoke City on 10th.
Tottenham are on a 10 game unbeaten streak with the North Londoners still to lose in the league after the turn of the year. Gareth Bale's brilliant form for Spurs, scoring six goals in his last five appearances in all competitions for Tottenham has boosted the morale of the side and in the absence of Daniel Defoe has given the squad an attacking threat from midfield. Former Chelsea manager Andres Villas-Boas has some vested interests in the game as he gets an opportunity to leap frog his former club and earn some form of redemption after his unceremonious sacking last season.
Tottenham enter the game on the back of a 1-1 draw against Lyon in the Europa League, facilitating their qualification to the round of 16 of the Europa League. Moussa Dembele scored a late equalizer to deny the French and keep Tottenham's hopes alive of a trophy this season, having been knocked out of all domestic cup competitions. This is a must win match for Andres Villas-Boas whose side will play host to Arsenal at the White Hart Lane next week, a game which may prove pivotal to Tottenham's top four hopes.
West Ham United
Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L W L L D
Last Match: Aston Villa 2-1 West Ham
Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): DWWWD
Last Match: Olympique Lyonnais 1 - Tottenham 1
Sam Allardyce will be boosted by the return to fitness of defender James Collins(hamstring) but the Welshman is unlikely to start for the Hammers. Joey O'Brien (thigh) is also a doubt while George McCartney is certain to miss out with a knee injury.
Probable Line-Up: Jaaskelainen; Demel, Reid, Tomkins, Taylor; Noble, Diame; J Cole, Nolan, Jarvis; Carroll
Andres Villas-Boas is sure to be without Jermain Defoe(pelvis) and Tom Huddlestone(knee) but will be boosted by the improving fitness of long term absentee Sandro. Hugo Lloris is also expected to make his way back into the squad after being rested against Lyon in the Europa League.
Probable Line-Up: Lloris; Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Adebayor
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown