Oscars 2013: Best Actress Jennifer Lawrence’s Most Adorable Moments at the Show
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 25, 2013 7:22 PM EST
She may belong to the most prestigious winners' circle of all, but Jennifer Lawrence is not about to let that get to her head. The first-time Oscar winner will be remembered for being one of the most approachable, adorable and youthful Best Actress awardees, and there are a number of reasons why. From Kristen Stewart's hug to a moment of clumsiness, there is no actress more lovable than Lawrence today.
The star of Silver Linings Playbook may be up against some of the best actresses of the season, but there was no trace of nervousness or competitiveness at the red carpet or the stage. Appearing in a stunning white Dior gown, Lawrence charmed her audience with both her natural beauty and her trademark wit.
Below are the most adorable moments of the twenty-two year old actress on the biggest stage of all: the Oscars.
Emma Stone's ass is hers
Let it not be said that Lawrence can't carry out a dare. Presented with E!'s mani cam, the actress quickly excused what she was about to do to Ryan Seacrest saying, "I told Emma Stone that I'd do this."
"Your ass is mine, Stone!" Lawrence shouted to the camera.
Whatever the story is between the two famous pals, it was an amusing sight to see the award-winning actress threatening a friend (mockingly) in front of the entire world. A dose of normalcy in the star-studded awards show is rare and refreshing.
A hug for KStew
Speaking of girlfriends, it is clear Lawrence has plenty, even in the cutthroat business of Hollywood. She ran into another famous pal at this year's Oscars: Kristen Stewart of Twilight. The two stars have often been pitted against each other owing to their competing franchises, but their Oscars run in proved there are no hard feelings between the two.
Lawrence rushed to Stewart's side at the red carpet after seeing the brunette hobbling in crutches. The two shared a hug and a brief chat before moving along to their respective red carpet duties.
Models and actresses like to pretend they eat everything they want and still slip in their slinky dresses without problem. One of the things regular girls love about Lawrence is that she doesn't. The actress is very vocal about her less-than-Hollywood-material size and the fact that she loves to eat.
Of course, this is the biggest night of her entire career so it's understandable that-even for just one night-the statuesque actress is willing to give up a meal for a beautiful gown. That's not to say she doesn't regret it.
"Today was so stressful and I had no time to eat, and I am starving," Lawrence confessed to E! in a red carpet interview.
"Sorry I'm so upset about the food!" she added.
A win and a trip
Chalk it up to sheer delight and excitement. As Jennifer Lawrence glided up the stairs to accept her Best Actress award, the young star tripped and fell in front of the big Oscars crowd.
Like the winner that she undoubtedly is, it only took Lawrence a second to collect herself (with Hugh Jackman's help, of course). As she smiled at the standing ovation, she took the opportunity to endear herself to her peers and fans more by displaying her sense of humor.
The Oscar winner laughed off the incident and quipped, "Thank you so much. This is nuts. You guys are only standing up because I fell and you feel bad. That was embarrassing."
If Lawrence thought her minor mishap somehow tainted her acceptance speech, nothing could be further from the truth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6