MWC 2013: Huawei Launches World’s Fastest Smartphone 'Ascend P2'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 25, 2013 5:11 PM EST
Huawei, world's third-largest smartphone maker, on Sunday showed off "the fastest smartphone in the world" known as Ascend P2 at the Mobile World Congress 2013.
The Chinese electronics firm along with Samsung kick-started the annual event in Barcelona on Sunday evening. Huawei's flagship Ascend P2 smartphone, a sequel to the Ascend P1, was under speculation for quite some time.
The smartphone comes with a 4.7-inch HD IPS capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels protected by the second generation Corning Gorilla Glass. Other specifications include a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, 13-megapixel auto focus camera with LED Flash and 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera.
On the connectivity front, the smartphone supports 3G with HSPA, WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC. It packs a 2,420mAh battery which promises good talk time and standby. The smartphone will hit stores by mid 2013.
Ascend P2 claims to be the world's fastest smartphone giving a speed of 150 Mbps. According to the company, the smartphone can download a two-hour high-definition movie in less than five minutes.
"Ascend P2 downloads HD movies in minutes, and loads online videos, web pages, songs or e-Books in seconds," said the company in a statement, AFP reported.
Huawei emerged as the world's third biggest smartphone maker after Samsung and Apple in the last quarter of 2012 , beating other big names like Sony and LG, according to a market share data released by the research firm IDC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU