MWC 2013: Huawei Launches World’s Fastest Smartphone 'Ascend P2'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 25, 2013 5:11 PM EST
Huawei, world's third-largest smartphone maker, on Sunday showed off "the fastest smartphone in the world" known as Ascend P2 at the Mobile World Congress 2013.
The Chinese electronics firm along with Samsung kick-started the annual event in Barcelona on Sunday evening. Huawei's flagship Ascend P2 smartphone, a sequel to the Ascend P1, was under speculation for quite some time.
The smartphone comes with a 4.7-inch HD IPS capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels protected by the second generation Corning Gorilla Glass. Other specifications include a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, 13-megapixel auto focus camera with LED Flash and 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera.
On the connectivity front, the smartphone supports 3G with HSPA, WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC. It packs a 2,420mAh battery which promises good talk time and standby. The smartphone will hit stores by mid 2013.
Ascend P2 claims to be the world's fastest smartphone giving a speed of 150 Mbps. According to the company, the smartphone can download a two-hour high-definition movie in less than five minutes.
"Ascend P2 downloads HD movies in minutes, and loads online videos, web pages, songs or e-Books in seconds," said the company in a statement, AFP reported.
Huawei emerged as the world's third biggest smartphone maker after Samsung and Apple in the last quarter of 2012 , beating other big names like Sony and LG, according to a market share data released by the research firm IDC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery