Oscars 2013 Red Carpet: Pictures Of All Of The Dresses, Gowns And Fashion Trends At The Academy Awards [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 25, 2013 3:10 PM EST
The biggest names in Hollywood came out in their best duds on Sunday night for the 2013 Oscars, formerly known as the Academy Awards, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
Biggest trend of the night was white and nude with stars like Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture, Anne Hathaway in a pale pink Prada, Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture, Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta, Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen, Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille, Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra and Octavia Spencer in her go-to designer Tadashi Shoji.
Some daring ladies, though, rocked color for the red carpet like Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton, Jennifer Hudson in Roberto Cavalli, Helen Hunt in H&M and nine-year-old Quvenzhane Wallis in Giorgio Armani junior, al in shades of blue. Other stars also sported colorful duds, like Kerry Washington in a sparkly pink Miu Miu dress, Jennifer Garner in a purple Gucci gown and Jane Fonda in a bright yellow Valentino gown. Of course, red was also a huge color, popular with the likes of Jennifer Aniston and Sally Field, both in Valentino, Olivia Munn in Marchesa and Jacki Weaver in Rana Salam.
But not all starlets were dressed in colorful hues, choosing black as their go-to. Ladies like Adele in Jenny Packham, Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen, Helena Bonham Carter in Vivienne Westwood, Samantha Barks in Valentino and Giuliana Rancic Rafael Cennamo went with basic black for the evening, without looking even a tad bit basic.
Some starlets, though, forgoed all color and instead donned sequins and sparkles for the glamorous night in Hollywood, like Naomi Watts in Giorgio Armani, Catherine-Zeta Jones in Zuhair Murad, Halle Berry in Versace, Renee Zellweger in Carolina Herrera, Sandra Bullock in Ellie Saab, Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan, Jessica Chastain in Giorgio Armani, and Nicole Kidman, who dazzled in L'Wren Scott.
View the slideshow to see all the dresses, fashion and trends on the red carpet at the 2013 Oscars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia