Oscars 2013 Red Carpet: Pictures Of All Of The Dresses, Gowns And Fashion Trends At The Academy Awards [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 25, 2013 3:10 PM EST
The biggest names in Hollywood came out in their best duds on Sunday night for the 2013 Oscars, formerly known as the Academy Awards, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
Biggest trend of the night was white and nude with stars like Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture, Anne Hathaway in a pale pink Prada, Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture, Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta, Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen, Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille, Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra and Octavia Spencer in her go-to designer Tadashi Shoji.
Some daring ladies, though, rocked color for the red carpet like Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton, Jennifer Hudson in Roberto Cavalli, Helen Hunt in H&M and nine-year-old Quvenzhane Wallis in Giorgio Armani junior, al in shades of blue. Other stars also sported colorful duds, like Kerry Washington in a sparkly pink Miu Miu dress, Jennifer Garner in a purple Gucci gown and Jane Fonda in a bright yellow Valentino gown. Of course, red was also a huge color, popular with the likes of Jennifer Aniston and Sally Field, both in Valentino, Olivia Munn in Marchesa and Jacki Weaver in Rana Salam.
But not all starlets were dressed in colorful hues, choosing black as their go-to. Ladies like Adele in Jenny Packham, Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen, Helena Bonham Carter in Vivienne Westwood, Samantha Barks in Valentino and Giuliana Rancic Rafael Cennamo went with basic black for the evening, without looking even a tad bit basic.
Some starlets, though, forgoed all color and instead donned sequins and sparkles for the glamorous night in Hollywood, like Naomi Watts in Giorgio Armani, Catherine-Zeta Jones in Zuhair Murad, Halle Berry in Versace, Renee Zellweger in Carolina Herrera, Sandra Bullock in Ellie Saab, Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan, Jessica Chastain in Giorgio Armani, and Nicole Kidman, who dazzled in L'Wren Scott.
View the slideshow to see all the dresses, fashion and trends on the red carpet at the 2013 Oscars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop