Oscars 2013 Red Carpet: Pictures Of All Of The Dresses, Gowns And Fashion Trends At The Academy Awards [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 25, 2013 3:10 PM EST
The biggest names in Hollywood came out in their best duds on Sunday night for the 2013 Oscars, formerly known as the Academy Awards, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
Biggest trend of the night was white and nude with stars like Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture, Anne Hathaway in a pale pink Prada, Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture, Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta, Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen, Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille, Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra and Octavia Spencer in her go-to designer Tadashi Shoji.
Some daring ladies, though, rocked color for the red carpet like Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton, Jennifer Hudson in Roberto Cavalli, Helen Hunt in H&M and nine-year-old Quvenzhane Wallis in Giorgio Armani junior, al in shades of blue. Other stars also sported colorful duds, like Kerry Washington in a sparkly pink Miu Miu dress, Jennifer Garner in a purple Gucci gown and Jane Fonda in a bright yellow Valentino gown. Of course, red was also a huge color, popular with the likes of Jennifer Aniston and Sally Field, both in Valentino, Olivia Munn in Marchesa and Jacki Weaver in Rana Salam.
But not all starlets were dressed in colorful hues, choosing black as their go-to. Ladies like Adele in Jenny Packham, Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen, Helena Bonham Carter in Vivienne Westwood, Samantha Barks in Valentino and Giuliana Rancic Rafael Cennamo went with basic black for the evening, without looking even a tad bit basic.
Some starlets, though, forgoed all color and instead donned sequins and sparkles for the glamorous night in Hollywood, like Naomi Watts in Giorgio Armani, Catherine-Zeta Jones in Zuhair Murad, Halle Berry in Versace, Renee Zellweger in Carolina Herrera, Sandra Bullock in Ellie Saab, Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan, Jessica Chastain in Giorgio Armani, and Nicole Kidman, who dazzled in L'Wren Scott.
View the slideshow to see all the dresses, fashion and trends on the red carpet at the 2013 Oscars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Feels Like Hannah Montana With Her Life Tied Up Between Reality Television And Modeling
- Karl Lagerfeld Model Kendall Jenner: 'I Am Workaholic, Competitive And Picky'
- Jennifer Aniston Says Kim Kardashian Copied Her Idea Of Naked Bums Photo, She Did It First
- Beauty Secrets Of Jennifer Lopez Revealed As Singer Gears Up For American Music Awards
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James