Apple iPad Mini vs. HP Slate 7 Price: Tablet Scheduled for April Release with $169 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 25, 2013 10:51 AM EST
Hewlett-Packard Co. officially introduced their latest tablet, Slate 7, on the eve of the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The 7-inch screen display tablet with an Android operating system is scheduled for a release in the United States in April with the price of US$169 compared to Apple's iPad Mini worth $369.
The price and release date of the HP Slate 7 has not yet been confirmed in Australia but the tablet will certainly have its release worldwide shortly afterwards. The Slate 7 tablet is the company's expansion venture in the technology world of devices to compete with the other powerful tablets like iPad Mini and Google Nexus 7.
HP Slate 7 is powered with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system featuring Google Inc. services as well as other search functions such as YouTube, Gmail and Beats Audio. The 13-ounce tablet has a 1.6GHz dual-core processor, WiFi, access to applications and digital content with the use of Google Play and cameras located on both sides of the 7-inch display screen size. However, Slate 7 is not 4G capable.
The Slate7 tablet is part of HP's Chief Executive Meg Whitman multi-year plan to perk up the Silicon Valley icon. HP has been struggling in the recent years with declining sales, management earnings and governance issues but still manages to have the largest market share in the United States.
CEO Meg Whitman confirmed that the company is not scheduled to release an HP smart phone this 2013 though HP is reported to be working on the upcoming smart phones powered with the Android operating system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales