Apple iPad Mini vs. HP Slate 7 Price: Tablet Scheduled for April Release with $169 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 25, 2013 10:51 AM EST
Hewlett-Packard Co. officially introduced their latest tablet, Slate 7, on the eve of the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The 7-inch screen display tablet with an Android operating system is scheduled for a release in the United States in April with the price of US$169 compared to Apple's iPad Mini worth $369.
The price and release date of the HP Slate 7 has not yet been confirmed in Australia but the tablet will certainly have its release worldwide shortly afterwards. The Slate 7 tablet is the company's expansion venture in the technology world of devices to compete with the other powerful tablets like iPad Mini and Google Nexus 7.
HP Slate 7 is powered with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system featuring Google Inc. services as well as other search functions such as YouTube, Gmail and Beats Audio. The 13-ounce tablet has a 1.6GHz dual-core processor, WiFi, access to applications and digital content with the use of Google Play and cameras located on both sides of the 7-inch display screen size. However, Slate 7 is not 4G capable.
The Slate7 tablet is part of HP's Chief Executive Meg Whitman multi-year plan to perk up the Silicon Valley icon. HP has been struggling in the recent years with declining sales, management earnings and governance issues but still manages to have the largest market share in the United States.
CEO Meg Whitman confirmed that the company is not scheduled to release an HP smart phone this 2013 though HP is reported to be working on the upcoming smart phones powered with the Android operating system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown