Apple iPad Mini vs. HP Slate 7 Price: Tablet Scheduled for April Release with $169 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 25, 2013 10:51 AM EST
Hewlett-Packard Co. officially introduced their latest tablet, Slate 7, on the eve of the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The 7-inch screen display tablet with an Android operating system is scheduled for a release in the United States in April with the price of US$169 compared to Apple's iPad Mini worth $369.
The price and release date of the HP Slate 7 has not yet been confirmed in Australia but the tablet will certainly have its release worldwide shortly afterwards. The Slate 7 tablet is the company's expansion venture in the technology world of devices to compete with the other powerful tablets like iPad Mini and Google Nexus 7.
HP Slate 7 is powered with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system featuring Google Inc. services as well as other search functions such as YouTube, Gmail and Beats Audio. The 13-ounce tablet has a 1.6GHz dual-core processor, WiFi, access to applications and digital content with the use of Google Play and cameras located on both sides of the 7-inch display screen size. However, Slate 7 is not 4G capable.
The Slate7 tablet is part of HP's Chief Executive Meg Whitman multi-year plan to perk up the Silicon Valley icon. HP has been struggling in the recent years with declining sales, management earnings and governance issues but still manages to have the largest market share in the United States.
CEO Meg Whitman confirmed that the company is not scheduled to release an HP smart phone this 2013 though HP is reported to be working on the upcoming smart phones powered with the Android operating system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’