Apple iPad Mini vs. HP Slate 7 Price: Tablet Scheduled for April Release with $169 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 25, 2013 10:51 AM EST
Hewlett-Packard Co. officially introduced their latest tablet, Slate 7, on the eve of the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The 7-inch screen display tablet with an Android operating system is scheduled for a release in the United States in April with the price of US$169 compared to Apple's iPad Mini worth $369.
The price and release date of the HP Slate 7 has not yet been confirmed in Australia but the tablet will certainly have its release worldwide shortly afterwards. The Slate 7 tablet is the company's expansion venture in the technology world of devices to compete with the other powerful tablets like iPad Mini and Google Nexus 7.
HP Slate 7 is powered with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system featuring Google Inc. services as well as other search functions such as YouTube, Gmail and Beats Audio. The 13-ounce tablet has a 1.6GHz dual-core processor, WiFi, access to applications and digital content with the use of Google Play and cameras located on both sides of the 7-inch display screen size. However, Slate 7 is not 4G capable.
The Slate7 tablet is part of HP's Chief Executive Meg Whitman multi-year plan to perk up the Silicon Valley icon. HP has been struggling in the recent years with declining sales, management earnings and governance issues but still manages to have the largest market share in the United States.
CEO Meg Whitman confirmed that the company is not scheduled to release an HP smart phone this 2013 though HP is reported to be working on the upcoming smart phones powered with the Android operating system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time