Oscars 2013 Red Carpet: 8 Ways To Watch And Live Stream Arrivals For The Academy Awards On TV, Online And Apps
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 25, 2013 4:02 AM EST
The Oscars are on the way, but before it is decided who ail be the best actress, actor and picture, we must first decide who is the cream of the crop on the mother of all red carpets on Sunday.
Acting as a runway, celebrities will strut their stuff on the red carpet while all of us critique their style choices, or decide which stylists should remain employed and which should be fired, before entering the awards show. Consider it a sport for fashionistas.
All eyes will be on the starlets from the moment they exit their limos as the ascend the stairs of the Dolby Theatre for the awards show, which begins at 8:30 p.m. EST on ABC. Many have even been preparing for the big day with countless fittings, primping and dress selecting.
"You know it's the Oscars because suddenly everyone is on the cayenne and lemon juice diet, and talking about appointments with their facialist, podiatrist, personal trainer, stylist, dietitian, hairdresser and teams from the big fashion houses like Valentino or Dior," said one well-known Hollywood stylist in a Guardian report.
In other words, this red carpet should not be missed, with nominees like Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams set to be dressed to the nines.
There are multiple places to watch the red carpet action, and if you're really hardcore, you can watch them all with options for television, mobile, online live stream and more. IBTimes broke down the many places -- and start times -- for you to watch the red carpet arrivals for the 85th Academy Awards on Sunday.
ONLINE LIVE STREAMS
1. Oscars Website, beginning at 7:30 p.m. EST
Of course, the Academy Awards website will be hosting the entire pre-show red carpet. To watch the 2013 Oscars Red Carpet Live Stream, visit the official Academy Awards website. The Academy will also have a Backstage Pass with dozens of cameras placed on the red carpet and throughout the Dolby Theatre. Cameras include the Thank You Cam, the Control Room Cam, the Backstage Cam and the Press Room Cam. The last camera will feature Oscar winners. Sherri Shepherd and Cameron Mathison will be the hosts of the backstage camera during the live broadcast on ABC.
2.. The AP live stream, beginning at 7:30 p.m. EST
The Associated Press will have ABC's red carpet coverage available for live stream online through the website, livestream.com.
3. E!'s "Live Stream From the Red Carpet," beginning at 5:30 p.m. EST
Fans of the E! network can also get all the action online, with E! online's live stream show hosted by Terrence Jenkins and Catt Sadler. The web show will have exclusive feeds from E!'s cameras along the red carpet, live segments hosted by Sadler and Jenkins, real-time Twitter trends, Facebook sentiment polling results and much more. An accompanying app, "Live from the Red Carpet," will feature the "Even More From the Red Carpet" live stream, where fans get the 360° immersive experience that cannot be found anywhere else.
4. TV Guide, (check your local listings for channel and online at tvguide.com) beginning at 6 p.m. EST
TV Guide will have Chris Harrison host the arrivals for the 2013 Oscars. In addition, tvguide.com will have a live stream of all the hits and misses straight from the red carpet with the ability to interact via social media.
5. MTV News' Oscar Live Stream Special, beginning at 5:30 p.m. EST
MTV News' website, mtv.com/movies/oscars/, will have an Oscars Live Stream Special, hosted by MTV News' Josh Horowitz and VH1's Janell Snowden.
TELEVISION LIVE BROADCASTS (check your local listings for channels)
6. ABC, (check your local listings for the channel) beginning at 7 p.m. EST
ABC will host it's "Oscars Red Carpet Live" special with "Good Morning America" hosts Robin Roberts and Lara Spencer with co-hosts Entertainment Weekly Managing Editor Jess Cagle and Emmy and Tony award-winning actress Kristin Chenoweth.
7. E!'s "Live From the Red Carpet," (check your local listings for the channel) beginning at 1:30 p.m. EST and 5:30 p.m. EST
E! networks will begin its television coverage of the red carpet at 1:30 p.m. EST, seven whole hours before the Oscars begin. E! will air its red carpet coverage beginning at 1:30 p.m. EST in it's special program "Countdown to the Red Carpet: the 2013 Academy Awards" with exclusive clips live from the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Rancic, joined byKelly Osbourne, Terrence Jenkins, Ross Matthews, George Kotsiopoulos, Jason Kennedy, Catt Sadler, Alicia Quarles, Marie Claire's Anna Roberts Rassi and Fandango's Dave Karger, will go behind-the-scenes with special red carpet reports. Viewers will hear expert opinions from guests, see "The Hangover" monkey and a tiger pay homage to "Life of Pi," meet Jennifer Lawrence's archery trainer from "The Hunger Games," heart Victoria's Secret's Alessanda Ambrosio dish on her favorite looks, meet some of Los Angeles' finest manicurists and more.
Then, beginning at 5:30 p.m., Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic will host E!'s "Live From the Red Carpet" speaking to stars as they arrive.
8. Oscars App, streaming beginning at 7:30 p.m. EST
Fashion mavens on the go can also watch the red carpet arrivals on their tablet or mobile device. The official Oscar app can be downloaded here. The Oscars app will also feature the best of the 2013 Oscars Red Carpet fashion as well as years throughout history. The app is free on all devices including all Android 4.0 devices in Google Play, Samsung’s Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy S III, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence