Oscars 2013 Red Carpet: 8 Ways To Watch And Live Stream Arrivals For The Academy Awards On TV, Online And Apps
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 25, 2013 4:02 AM EST
The Oscars are on the way, but before it is decided who ail be the best actress, actor and picture, we must first decide who is the cream of the crop on the mother of all red carpets on Sunday.
Acting as a runway, celebrities will strut their stuff on the red carpet while all of us critique their style choices, or decide which stylists should remain employed and which should be fired, before entering the awards show. Consider it a sport for fashionistas.
All eyes will be on the starlets from the moment they exit their limos as the ascend the stairs of the Dolby Theatre for the awards show, which begins at 8:30 p.m. EST on ABC. Many have even been preparing for the big day with countless fittings, primping and dress selecting.
"You know it's the Oscars because suddenly everyone is on the cayenne and lemon juice diet, and talking about appointments with their facialist, podiatrist, personal trainer, stylist, dietitian, hairdresser and teams from the big fashion houses like Valentino or Dior," said one well-known Hollywood stylist in a Guardian report.
In other words, this red carpet should not be missed, with nominees like Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams set to be dressed to the nines.
There are multiple places to watch the red carpet action, and if you're really hardcore, you can watch them all with options for television, mobile, online live stream and more. IBTimes broke down the many places -- and start times -- for you to watch the red carpet arrivals for the 85th Academy Awards on Sunday.
ONLINE LIVE STREAMS
1. Oscars Website, beginning at 7:30 p.m. EST
Of course, the Academy Awards website will be hosting the entire pre-show red carpet. To watch the 2013 Oscars Red Carpet Live Stream, visit the official Academy Awards website. The Academy will also have a Backstage Pass with dozens of cameras placed on the red carpet and throughout the Dolby Theatre. Cameras include the Thank You Cam, the Control Room Cam, the Backstage Cam and the Press Room Cam. The last camera will feature Oscar winners. Sherri Shepherd and Cameron Mathison will be the hosts of the backstage camera during the live broadcast on ABC.
2.. The AP live stream, beginning at 7:30 p.m. EST
The Associated Press will have ABC's red carpet coverage available for live stream online through the website, livestream.com.
3. E!'s "Live Stream From the Red Carpet," beginning at 5:30 p.m. EST
Fans of the E! network can also get all the action online, with E! online's live stream show hosted by Terrence Jenkins and Catt Sadler. The web show will have exclusive feeds from E!'s cameras along the red carpet, live segments hosted by Sadler and Jenkins, real-time Twitter trends, Facebook sentiment polling results and much more. An accompanying app, "Live from the Red Carpet," will feature the "Even More From the Red Carpet" live stream, where fans get the 360° immersive experience that cannot be found anywhere else.
4. TV Guide, (check your local listings for channel and online at tvguide.com) beginning at 6 p.m. EST
TV Guide will have Chris Harrison host the arrivals for the 2013 Oscars. In addition, tvguide.com will have a live stream of all the hits and misses straight from the red carpet with the ability to interact via social media.
5. MTV News' Oscar Live Stream Special, beginning at 5:30 p.m. EST
MTV News' website, mtv.com/movies/oscars/, will have an Oscars Live Stream Special, hosted by MTV News' Josh Horowitz and VH1's Janell Snowden.
TELEVISION LIVE BROADCASTS (check your local listings for channels)
6. ABC, (check your local listings for the channel) beginning at 7 p.m. EST
ABC will host it's "Oscars Red Carpet Live" special with "Good Morning America" hosts Robin Roberts and Lara Spencer with co-hosts Entertainment Weekly Managing Editor Jess Cagle and Emmy and Tony award-winning actress Kristin Chenoweth.
7. E!'s "Live From the Red Carpet," (check your local listings for the channel) beginning at 1:30 p.m. EST and 5:30 p.m. EST
E! networks will begin its television coverage of the red carpet at 1:30 p.m. EST, seven whole hours before the Oscars begin. E! will air its red carpet coverage beginning at 1:30 p.m. EST in it's special program "Countdown to the Red Carpet: the 2013 Academy Awards" with exclusive clips live from the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Rancic, joined byKelly Osbourne, Terrence Jenkins, Ross Matthews, George Kotsiopoulos, Jason Kennedy, Catt Sadler, Alicia Quarles, Marie Claire's Anna Roberts Rassi and Fandango's Dave Karger, will go behind-the-scenes with special red carpet reports. Viewers will hear expert opinions from guests, see "The Hangover" monkey and a tiger pay homage to "Life of Pi," meet Jennifer Lawrence's archery trainer from "The Hunger Games," heart Victoria's Secret's Alessanda Ambrosio dish on her favorite looks, meet some of Los Angeles' finest manicurists and more.
Then, beginning at 5:30 p.m., Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic will host E!'s "Live From the Red Carpet" speaking to stars as they arrive.
8. Oscars App, streaming beginning at 7:30 p.m. EST
Fashion mavens on the go can also watch the red carpet arrivals on their tablet or mobile device. The official Oscar app can be downloaded here. The Oscars app will also feature the best of the 2013 Oscars Red Carpet fashion as well as years throughout history. The app is free on all devices including all Android 4.0 devices in Google Play, Samsung’s Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy S III, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop