Huawei Ascend P2 Launch Event at Mobile World Congress 2013 - Live Blog
By David Gilbert | February 24, 2013 11:12 PM EST
Follow live coverage of of Huawei's Mobile World Congress press conference right here from 1.30pm (GMT) where the company is expected to launch the Ascend P2.
Huawei is expected to launch the Ascend P2 at Mobile World Congress today, with the Chinese company already seen setting up stands in Barcelona with the Ascend P2 name.
While details about the phone are still unclear, it is likely that Huawei will aim for the higher-end of the Android smartphone market with the follo-up to the Ascend P1 which launched last year.
Huawei is making a concerted effort to expand quickly beyond its home territory and along with ZTE presents a major challenge for the likes of Sony, Nokia and HTC in a bid to take third spot in the smartphone market behind the all dominant Apple and Samsung.
Huawei launched the Ascend Mate, a 6in 'smartphone' and the Ascend D2, a 5in smartphone, at CES last month, but with the company kicking things off in Barcelona this year, we are likely to see a pretty impressive device on show in a couple of hours.
We will be bringing you live coverage of the event from 2.30pm local time (1.30pm GMT).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows