Samsung Launches Galaxy Note 8.0 Ahead Of MWC 2013
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 24, 2013 9:40 PM EST
After couple of leaked images and rumors, Samsung finally announced the launch of a new 8-inch tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, in Barcelona ahead of world's largest mobile industry event, Mobile World Congress (MWC).
The new tablet will feature an 8-inch WXGA TFT display with a resolution of 1280 X 800 pixels. It is powered with A9 Quad-Core processor at 1.6GHz clock speed paired with 2GB of RAM and operates on Android 4.1.2 (JellyBean) operating system.
It also sports a 5 megapixel rear camera, a 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera, 4,600 mAh Li-ion battery and two in-built storage variants - 16GB and 32GB - which can be expanded up to 64 GB using a microSD card.
The new tablet comes with the S Pen and comes with incredible optimized features, including Air View, Popup Note, Popup Video, Shape Match, Formula Match and Idea Sketch.
The company claims that, with key improvements with WACOM technology, for the very first time in the Galaxy Note category, users can use S Pen to control the physical (capacitive) menu and back buttons on the device.
Samsung will start shipping the new tablet sometime around the second quarter of this year, but details on pricing are not yet announced.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery