Fellaini: Transfer to Chelsea is Possible
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 24, 2013 8:54 PM EST
Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini has refused to rule out a summer move to Chelsea. The Belgian international has been strongly linked with a transfer to west London, among other places. However, there has been no official approach from the club.
"Am I interested in Chelsea? It's normal, right? I've never played in the Champions League! I'm happy here, I know everyone, I get along with my team-mates. It's my home. On the other hand, I also want to take the next step. Fate will decide. Everton paid £20million and do not want to sell me for nothing. If a big club wants me, they will have to pay the price," Fellaini said, after the Toffees' defeat to Norwich City, at Carrow Road, in a Premier League match on Saturday.
Fellaini is in excellent form this season, with 10 goals and three assists from 21 Premier League appearances. The 25-year-old is considered one of the finest midfielders in English top flight and joined Goodison Park in 2008.
Earlier reports consistently quote the midfielder as expressing his satisfaction at remaining with David Moyes' side if no formal offers were tabled. And Fellaini has also indicated that he would love to remain with the blue half of Merseyside and take them into the Champions League.
The Belgian recently signed a long-term contract with the club, which runs to 2016.
Benitez on Chelsea Role
Meanwhile, Blues' boss Rafael Benitez has blamed the strenuous travel schedule of his side for recent poor performances. The ex-Liverpool manager claimed the demand to play a large number of games in a short period of time, across different countries and even continents, has affected his player's match fitness.
"The problem we had before, when I just arrived, was that [John] Terry and [Frank] Lampard were injured. We played Oriol [Romeu] in midfield and then he got injured, so we didn't have many players. We then had to play with Lampard and Ramires together for six or seven games in a row, playing 90 minutes twice a week, and we couldn't manage," the Spaniard told the club's Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone