Fellaini: Transfer to Chelsea is Possible
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 24, 2013 8:54 PM EST
Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini has refused to rule out a summer move to Chelsea. The Belgian international has been strongly linked with a transfer to west London, among other places. However, there has been no official approach from the club.
"Am I interested in Chelsea? It's normal, right? I've never played in the Champions League! I'm happy here, I know everyone, I get along with my team-mates. It's my home. On the other hand, I also want to take the next step. Fate will decide. Everton paid £20million and do not want to sell me for nothing. If a big club wants me, they will have to pay the price," Fellaini said, after the Toffees' defeat to Norwich City, at Carrow Road, in a Premier League match on Saturday.
Fellaini is in excellent form this season, with 10 goals and three assists from 21 Premier League appearances. The 25-year-old is considered one of the finest midfielders in English top flight and joined Goodison Park in 2008.
Earlier reports consistently quote the midfielder as expressing his satisfaction at remaining with David Moyes' side if no formal offers were tabled. And Fellaini has also indicated that he would love to remain with the blue half of Merseyside and take them into the Champions League.
The Belgian recently signed a long-term contract with the club, which runs to 2016.
Benitez on Chelsea Role
Meanwhile, Blues' boss Rafael Benitez has blamed the strenuous travel schedule of his side for recent poor performances. The ex-Liverpool manager claimed the demand to play a large number of games in a short period of time, across different countries and even continents, has affected his player's match fitness.
"The problem we had before, when I just arrived, was that [John] Terry and [Frank] Lampard were injured. We played Oriol [Romeu] in midfield and then he got injured, so we didn't have many players. We then had to play with Lampard and Ramires together for six or seven games in a row, playing 90 minutes twice a week, and we couldn't manage," the Spaniard told the club's Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced