Samsung Galaxy S4 Specs Leaked; Ditches AMOLED Display And Its Very Own Exynos Processor
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 24, 2013 7:27 PM EST
According to a recent post on SamMobile, which tracks Samsung-related rumors, the South Korean smartphone giant will not be using AMOLED and its very own Exynos processor technology to its next generation Galaxy S smartphone.
SamMobile claims that Galaxy S4 will be powered by Snapdragon 600 with 1.9 GHz clock speed. Recently, HTC announced its flagship smartphone, HTC One, which is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor at 1.7GHz clock speed.
Galaxy S4 is also known as GT-9500 and was widely believed that it will be powered with company's very own Exynos 5 Octo processor, which Samsung showcased at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January. The Octo processor features an 8-core CPU and GPU (Mali-T658) and will be paired with 2GB of RAM and operates on Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) OS out of the box.
However, according to the sources to SamMobile, Samsung seems to have an overheating problem with the latest Octa processor.
SamMobile reportedly said that the next Galaxy S smartphone would sport a SoLux display technology. It seems that Samsung dropped popular AMOLED display which can be seen in Galaxy S III and on almost all other Samsung smartphones.
The handset is likely to have a 4.99 inch full-HD display and other notable specs which are leaked include 2GB RAM, 13 megapixel camera and removable battery.
Furthermore, it will come with three storage variant -- 16GB, 32GB and 64GB -- options, a physical home button, aluminum sides with plastic body and will have two color options -- black and white.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy