Maruti to Launch Most Fuel-Efficient ‘A-Star Eco’ with Mileage of 33 kmpl: report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 24, 2013 6:58 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the country's largest passenger car maker, is set to launch its next generation A-Star with an expected fuel efficiency of 33 kilometres per litre, according to various media.
Maruti Suzuki, a name which is celebrated for the best mileage cars, is said to be working on its most fuel-efficient car known as 'A Star Eco', reported indianautoblog.com. The news of Maruti's new project was first reported by Just-auto.com. It was said that in the aim to achieve a mileage of 33 kilometres per litre, the company has lowered the weight of the A Star by 20 kg and cut down on several components.
The next generation A Star will reportedly hit the market as a complete eco-friendly variant. It was also said that the car will likely pack a small diesel engine and be segmented in the A+ category. The car is expected to be priced a little higher than its predecessor and may go on sales this spring.
"The car will upgrade to A+ Segment making it slightly pricier than the outgoing car. There is a very good chance that Suzuki will develop a small diesel motor for the next generation A-Star for diesel oriented markets like our own," reported indianautoblog.com.
A Star, the successor to Maruti's popular-selling Alto model, has become one of the country's most popular cars over a short period of time. Now with the launch of the next generation A Star, Maruti hopes to recoup its sales volume in the domestic market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health