Maruti to Launch Most Fuel-Efficient ‘A-Star Eco’ with Mileage of 33 kmpl: report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 24, 2013 6:58 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the country's largest passenger car maker, is set to launch its next generation A-Star with an expected fuel efficiency of 33 kilometres per litre, according to various media.
Maruti Suzuki, a name which is celebrated for the best mileage cars, is said to be working on its most fuel-efficient car known as 'A Star Eco', reported indianautoblog.com. The news of Maruti's new project was first reported by Just-auto.com. It was said that in the aim to achieve a mileage of 33 kilometres per litre, the company has lowered the weight of the A Star by 20 kg and cut down on several components.
The next generation A Star will reportedly hit the market as a complete eco-friendly variant. It was also said that the car will likely pack a small diesel engine and be segmented in the A+ category. The car is expected to be priced a little higher than its predecessor and may go on sales this spring.
"The car will upgrade to A+ Segment making it slightly pricier than the outgoing car. There is a very good chance that Suzuki will develop a small diesel motor for the next generation A-Star for diesel oriented markets like our own," reported indianautoblog.com.
A Star, the successor to Maruti's popular-selling Alto model, has become one of the country's most popular cars over a short period of time. Now with the launch of the next generation A Star, Maruti hopes to recoup its sales volume in the domestic market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- #Bendgate: iPhone 6 Woes Prompt Apple To Show Device Torture Room
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate