Maruti to Launch Most Fuel-Efficient ‘A-Star Eco’ with Mileage of 33 kmpl: report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 24, 2013 6:58 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the country's largest passenger car maker, is set to launch its next generation A-Star with an expected fuel efficiency of 33 kilometres per litre, according to various media.
Maruti Suzuki, a name which is celebrated for the best mileage cars, is said to be working on its most fuel-efficient car known as 'A Star Eco', reported indianautoblog.com. The news of Maruti's new project was first reported by Just-auto.com. It was said that in the aim to achieve a mileage of 33 kilometres per litre, the company has lowered the weight of the A Star by 20 kg and cut down on several components.
The next generation A Star will reportedly hit the market as a complete eco-friendly variant. It was also said that the car will likely pack a small diesel engine and be segmented in the A+ category. The car is expected to be priced a little higher than its predecessor and may go on sales this spring.
"The car will upgrade to A+ Segment making it slightly pricier than the outgoing car. There is a very good chance that Suzuki will develop a small diesel motor for the next generation A-Star for diesel oriented markets like our own," reported indianautoblog.com.
A Star, the successor to Maruti's popular-selling Alto model, has become one of the country's most popular cars over a short period of time. Now with the launch of the next generation A Star, Maruti hopes to recoup its sales volume in the domestic market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales