February 24, 2013 11:18 AM EST
Fifty Shades of Grey Movie: Alexis Bledel vs Emilia Clarke vs Amanda Seyfried as Anastasia Steele [PHOTOS]
"Fifty Shades of Grey" by E.L. James is made popular by readers who found James' "Twilight" fan fiction exciting for its sexual content. Bondage, billions and gorgeous characters made the series an ideal material for a Hollywood film. There are reports that Kristen Stewart could star in the FSOG movie even after earlier statements indicated she would not be cast as Ana Steele. But must it be Stewart in a serial film again?
"Fifty Shades" fans have a long list of candidates for the Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey roles. Here is a list of other actresses who can give life to Miss Steele. Any one of the five actresses named here will be a better Ana than Kristen Stewart.
5. Alexandra Daddario. As Kate in White Collar, Alexandra showed an intense vibe about her. She is effortlessly sexy and youthful at nearly 27 years old. She already looks younger than her age. Alex could also act naïve and innocent while keeping all the mystery and sex appeal intact.
4. Amanda Seyfried. It may be a challenge to tame down the fierceness of her mere presence. But Amanda can act like a young love-struck virgin struggling for the first time with some fiery passion for a captivating billionaire.
3. Emilia Clarke. The combination of alluring sexiness and disarming innocent look is the tricky part of the cast-Anastasia-Steele game. Emilia has the right balance for the role. And no one can question if this girl can act. She rocks as Daenerys Targaryen in HBO's "Game of Thrones."
2. Lauren Watson. Australian actress Lauren Watson has expressed interest in playing the Ana Steele role. She has even mentioned Chace Crawford as a potential Christian Grey. Fresh, but appealing. Eyes that look inexperienced but striking. Beauty that shines through boyish style. It would be nice to see a newcomer take a very popular role and create history in the movie industry.
1. Alexis Bledel. At 31, Alexis is perceived to be too old to be fresh college grad Ana Steele. But the actress has the genes that can make her look the part with only little help from arts (style) and science (cosmetics). She can nail the young and awkward, but enchanting and sexy character that can drive even a sex demigod crazy.