Jeremy Lin Watch: Houston Rockets Vs. Washington Wizards Where To Watch Live Online, Preview, Betting Odds, Prediction
February 24, 2013 7:41 AM EST
The Houston Rockets can’t seem to find any consistency on the road. Each success results in a terrible string of losses, but Houston can turn that around Saturday. Looking for two consecutive road victories for the fifth time this season, the Rockets meet the 16-37 Washington Wizards Saturday night at the Verizon Center.
Houston started the season on the road with two wins, but then proceeded to lose six straight away from the Toyota Center. Two more road wins during Christmas week and another two to start 2013, preceded a 1-6 away slide.
Still the Rockets began the NBA’s second half with an impressive, albeit tight, 122-119 victory over Oklahoma City, and trounced the Brooklyn Nets 106-96 Friday night.
Against the Nets, Houston went 16-for-30 from three-point range, with guard Carlos Delfino accounting for six threes en route to 22 points, five rebounds, and five assists. James Harden also knocked down four three-pointers for 22 points, while point guard Jeremy Lin struggled, going 4-for-11 from the field for nine points, six assists and five turnovers.
The Rockets defense showed significant improvement along the perimeter, holding Brooklyn to 44 percent shooting, but poor interior defense surrendered 27 points to center Brook Lopez.
Houston can work out their miscues in the paint against Washington’s 30th ranked offense, built around poor shooting point guard John Wall.
In a rare victory, the Wizards nearly blew an 18-point lead in the fourth quarter, but prevailed 119-113 behind rookie shooting guard Bradley Beal’s 17 points and 12 rebounds.
All five Washington starters scored in double figures, and Beal showed by the Wizards made him their No. 5 pick in last year’s draft, teaming up with Wall for a hyper-athletic backcourt duo. Wall finished the game with 14 points and 10 assists, but committed six turnovers. In nine games this month, Wall is averaging nearly five turnovers a game.
Still the Wizards showed signs of life before the All-Star break, going 4-1, with wins over New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Clippers. Washington also boasts a far stronger defense than the Rockets. The Wizards are seventh overall in points allowed per game.
The game tips-off at 7 p.m. Eastern time, and will be broadcast by CSN Houston or CSNB, depending on your region. Or you can watch a live online stream by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: Houston is favored by 2 points
Over/Under: 209 points
Prediction: The key matchups will be Lin and Harden vs. Beal and Wall. This could be a very high scoring game, even with the Wizards troubles on offense. The Rockets should lock up another road victory with Harden once again leading the way.
Predicted Score: Houston 104, Washington 92
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899