RBS seen planning Citizens Financial IPO
February 24, 2013 5:42 AM EST
The Royal Bank of Scotland
A full sale of Providence, Rhode Island-based Citizens could raise more than 8 million pounds ($12.21 million) for Britain's largest state-backed lender, which has been under pressure from regulators to strengthen its balance sheet.
RBS was expected to announce a plan to move forward with the IPO when it reports full-year results on Thursday, the newspaper said, citing an unnamed source familiar with the plan.
RBS may aim to spin off up to a 25 percent stake in the next two years, but the bank would also entertain offers from buyers looking for a full stake. Canada's TD Bank was one potential buyer, the paper said.
The RBS board has secured the support of both the Financial Services Authority and UK Financial Investments, which manages the taxpayers' 82 percent stake in RBS.
An RBS spokesman contacted by Reuters declined to comment.
(Reporting by Karl Plume in Chicago; Editing by Vicki Allen)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy