RBS seen planning Citizens Financial IPO
February 24, 2013 5:42 AM EST
The Royal Bank of Scotland
A full sale of Providence, Rhode Island-based Citizens could raise more than 8 million pounds ($12.21 million) for Britain's largest state-backed lender, which has been under pressure from regulators to strengthen its balance sheet.
RBS was expected to announce a plan to move forward with the IPO when it reports full-year results on Thursday, the newspaper said, citing an unnamed source familiar with the plan.
RBS may aim to spin off up to a 25 percent stake in the next two years, but the bank would also entertain offers from buyers looking for a full stake. Canada's TD Bank was one potential buyer, the paper said.
The RBS board has secured the support of both the Financial Services Authority and UK Financial Investments, which manages the taxpayers' 82 percent stake in RBS.
An RBS spokesman contacted by Reuters declined to comment.
(Reporting by Karl Plume in Chicago; Editing by Vicki Allen)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How