RBS seen planning Citizens Financial IPO
February 24, 2013 5:42 AM EST
The Royal Bank of Scotland
A full sale of Providence, Rhode Island-based Citizens could raise more than 8 million pounds ($12.21 million) for Britain's largest state-backed lender, which has been under pressure from regulators to strengthen its balance sheet.
RBS was expected to announce a plan to move forward with the IPO when it reports full-year results on Thursday, the newspaper said, citing an unnamed source familiar with the plan.
RBS may aim to spin off up to a 25 percent stake in the next two years, but the bank would also entertain offers from buyers looking for a full stake. Canada's TD Bank was one potential buyer, the paper said.
The RBS board has secured the support of both the Financial Services Authority and UK Financial Investments, which manages the taxpayers' 82 percent stake in RBS.
An RBS spokesman contacted by Reuters declined to comment.
(Reporting by Karl Plume in Chicago; Editing by Vicki Allen)
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage