Minor Drugged, Raped and Dumped on Highway by Two
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 23, 2013 8:24 PM EST
A property broker and his friend were arrested on Friday for allegedly drugging, raping and dumping a minor.
The Samata Nagar police has booked the accused Krishna Mastud, the broker, and his friend for rape and filed a case under section 376 of IPC.
The 17-year-old victim lived with her mother and two brothers in Dahisar, Mumbai and was to appear 2013 SSC exams.
"The family owned a small property at Virar, which was recently demolished by the BMC. They were looking for another property when the girl's uncle fell ill at their hometown in Karnataka and her mother and brothers went to see him," a police officer told Times Of India.
A friend of the victim then introduced her to Mastud who showed her few properties. The victim liked one of the properties and made a token amount of ₹5000 to him for the same. The victim waited for her mother to return to Mumbai to finalize the deal.
"On Wednesday, Mustad called the girl to a mall in Kandivli (E) to hand over some property related papers. Mastud, who was accompanied by a friend, offered the girl refreshments around 7.30pm, and they went to restaurant near the railway station for dinner," the police officer told TOI.
"At 10pm, they left the restaurant. Mastud then offered the girl an aerated drink, which she believes was spiked," he added.
The girl said that she fell unconscious soon after she had the drink. After gaining senses at around 1.30 am she found herself on the Western Express Highway at Kandivli (E). In her statement, the girl said that she was in lot of pain but could not recollect what had happened.
The victim then informed the matter to a friend who advised her to go to hospital. She got herself admitted in the Bhagwati Hospital at Borivli.
The victim then informed the matter to the police following which they arrested Mastud and his friend based on her statement.
The police are awaiting the medical reports of the victim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June