Oscars 2013: Where to Watch 85th Academy Awards Live
By drishya Nair | February 23, 2013 8:18 PM EST
The 85th Academy Awards will take place on Sunday 24 February, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. The awards ceremony begins at 1.30amGMT.
There are, as ever, several big names in contention for a prestigious Oscar, but the biggest among them are two films with strongly patriotic/military themes - Ben Affleck's Argo and Steven Spielberg's Lincoln. Also in contention is Kathryn Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty, a re-telling of the US hunt for Osama Bin Laden and, on a lighter note, the romantic comedy Silver Linings Playbook. If Daniel Day-Lewis picks up the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in Lincoln, he will become the first actor in cinema history to win the coveted award three times.
Where to Watch The Oscars Live
Sky Movies will air the red carpet arrivals live from 11.30pm GMT, on Sky Movies Oscars (and HD) and Sky Living (and HD). The actual awards ceremony will air on Sky Movies Oscars (and HD) from 1.30am GMT to 4am GMT.
The event will also be broadcast online on Livestream.com.
Keep in touch with all the news and the awards via the official Oscars app, available for mobile devices running iOS or Android. The app is also available on Amazon.
For the latest updates on award winners and exclusive interviews, tune into the Academy Awards' official YouTube channel.
Hosts and Presenters
The event will be hosted by the comic actor Seth MacFarlane. Academy Award winners Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman will be among this year's high-profile presenters, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron revealed on Friday 22 February.
Nicholson has been nominated 12 times - more than any other actor - and has won Best Actor Oscars for One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975) and As Good as It Gets (1997). He also won the award for Best Supporting Actor in Terms of Endearment (1983).
Hoffman has been nominated seven times and has won awards for leading roles in Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) and Rain Man (1988).
"Between the two of them, Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman have created more iconic characters than any other pair of actors in the world," Zadan and Meron said in a statement released to Entertainment Weekly. "Their participation in this year's Oscars completes a list of presenters and performers that truly represents that great breadth and depth of acting talent in film today."
Other presenters at the Oscars ceremony will include Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Aniston, Michael Douglas, Jamie Foxx, Paul Rudd, Salma Hayek, Melissa McCarthy, Liam Neeson, John Travolta, Ben Affleck, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Mark Wahlberg, Jean Dujardin, Octavia Spencer and Meryl Streep.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown