Harley Davidson Slashes Price of Softail Range in India by ₹5.5 Lakhs; Eyes Market Expansion
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 23, 2013 6:22 PM EST
The price cut will be applicable to Fat Boy, Fat Boy Special and Heritage Classic in the Softail range motorcycles. The models are available at a price of 14.90 lakhs, 15.60 lakhs, and 16.25 lakhs respectively.
The latest price drop was the result of the company assembling these motorcycles in its local plant in India.
The company sells 13 models in India, and currently six of these models are being assembled at the local plant. According to a Wall Street Journal report, the Milwaukee-based company is looking to open more plants in India by the end of December.
"We have a dealer in Kolkata right now that serves our customers in the northeast. As critical mass builds, we may open another dealership," Anoop Prakash, managing director of Harley-Davidson India told India Real Time.
The company, which is into the business of high-end and lifestyle motorcycles, is gaining momentum in the country at present. The latest reports also suggested that the company is also eying to open new dealership in India's North East region including Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Tripura and Nagaland considering its rowing fan base in this region.
"We find demand for premium products in India is scaling up... also, Harley-Davidson is a lifestyle - it doesn't make sense to compare us to other automotive companies," he added.
Harley Davidson which is celebrating its 110th Anniversary will unveil its 2103 line up of Motorcycles at the imminent Montreal Motorcycle Show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans