Harley Davidson Slashes Price of Softail Range in India by ₹5.5 Lakhs; Eyes Market Expansion
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 23, 2013 6:22 PM EST
The price cut will be applicable to Fat Boy, Fat Boy Special and Heritage Classic in the Softail range motorcycles. The models are available at a price of 14.90 lakhs, 15.60 lakhs, and 16.25 lakhs respectively.
The latest price drop was the result of the company assembling these motorcycles in its local plant in India.
The company sells 13 models in India, and currently six of these models are being assembled at the local plant. According to a Wall Street Journal report, the Milwaukee-based company is looking to open more plants in India by the end of December.
"We have a dealer in Kolkata right now that serves our customers in the northeast. As critical mass builds, we may open another dealership," Anoop Prakash, managing director of Harley-Davidson India told India Real Time.
The company, which is into the business of high-end and lifestyle motorcycles, is gaining momentum in the country at present. The latest reports also suggested that the company is also eying to open new dealership in India's North East region including Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Tripura and Nagaland considering its rowing fan base in this region.
"We find demand for premium products in India is scaling up... also, Harley-Davidson is a lifestyle - it doesn't make sense to compare us to other automotive companies," he added.
Harley Davidson which is celebrating its 110th Anniversary will unveil its 2103 line up of Motorcycles at the imminent Montreal Motorcycle Show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date