April Unboxing for Microsoft ‘s Newest Xbox?; Aussie Hacker in Trouble Over Xbox Leak Gag
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 23, 2013 12:55 PM EST
Perth police raised on Tuesday the house of a male hacker who attempted to sell a prototype of Microsoft's new Xbox gaming console over eBay. The suspect, named as superDaE, tried to auction a Durango development kit for the new Xbox, said to be in time for Christmas 2013.
The authorities conducted a search on his home on Tuesday, Feb 19. They confiscated electronic items including the man's computers and bank cards. The raid, led by the Technology Crime Investigation unit, was based n a multi-jurisdictional investigation into computer-related offences.
However, SuperDae managed to hide the Durango before the raid, and the investigators failed to find it.
Prior to the police raid, a Microsoft employee visited SuperDaE and asked for the return of the Durango.
Latest speculations moved the Xbox unveiling earlier to April. Computer and Video Games cited anonymous developers and other industry professionals as the source of the news that the latest version of the best-selling console will be officially unboxed in April at a press conference for the Game Develop Conference.
The report did not provide the specific date, but said the Xbox would have an eight-core L6Ghz CPU, 8GB of RAM and 50GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive..
The current latest model, the Xbox 360 with a price tag of $299.99, just logged its 25th straight month of being the best-selling console in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How