April Unboxing for Microsoft ‘s Newest Xbox?; Aussie Hacker in Trouble Over Xbox Leak Gag
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 23, 2013 12:55 PM EST
Perth police raised on Tuesday the house of a male hacker who attempted to sell a prototype of Microsoft's new Xbox gaming console over eBay. The suspect, named as superDaE, tried to auction a Durango development kit for the new Xbox, said to be in time for Christmas 2013.
The authorities conducted a search on his home on Tuesday, Feb 19. They confiscated electronic items including the man's computers and bank cards. The raid, led by the Technology Crime Investigation unit, was based n a multi-jurisdictional investigation into computer-related offences.
However, SuperDae managed to hide the Durango before the raid, and the investigators failed to find it.
Prior to the police raid, a Microsoft employee visited SuperDaE and asked for the return of the Durango.
Latest speculations moved the Xbox unveiling earlier to April. Computer and Video Games cited anonymous developers and other industry professionals as the source of the news that the latest version of the best-selling console will be officially unboxed in April at a press conference for the Game Develop Conference.
The report did not provide the specific date, but said the Xbox would have an eight-core L6Ghz CPU, 8GB of RAM and 50GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive..
The current latest model, the Xbox 360 with a price tag of $299.99, just logged its 25th straight month of being the best-selling console in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best