Los Angeles Lakers – Portland Trail Blazers Preview: Where To Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Betting Odds
February 23, 2013 9:00 AM EST
For the rest of the regular season, every game is important for the Los Angeles Lakers.
At 26-29, L.A. is still out of the playoff picture. They trail the Houston Rockets by 3.5 games for the eight seed in the West, and they have just 27 games to make up that ground.
On Friday night, Los Angeles is set to face one of the few teams that will also be competing for the No.8 seed. The Portland Trail Blazers have been neck and neck with the Lakers for much of the season, and the two are set to compete for the third time this season.
The matchup between the two clubs will start at 10:30 p.m. eastern time at Staples Center. Viewers can watch a live stream online of the contest by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
With their win on Wednesday night against the Boston Celtics, the Lakers move a half-game ahead of the Blazers in the conference standings. Neither team has a realistic chance to win the Pacific Division and is looking to sneak into the postseason.
L.A. is 1-1 against Portland this season, but their one loss to the Blazers proved to be costly. Steve Nash went down with an injury, and went on to miss almost one-third of the season.
Dwight Howard will look to build of what might have been his best performance wearing the purple and gold. He scored 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds against Boston.
Kobe Bryant, likely feels confident heading into the game, despite his team's struggles. In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, the future Hall of famer guaranteed that the Lakers would make the playoffs.
Betting Line: Los Angeles -9.5, 203
Prediction: Los Angeles 101, Portland 99
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation