Los Angeles Lakers – Portland Trail Blazers Preview: Where To Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Betting Odds
February 23, 2013 9:00 AM EST
For the rest of the regular season, every game is important for the Los Angeles Lakers.
At 26-29, L.A. is still out of the playoff picture. They trail the Houston Rockets by 3.5 games for the eight seed in the West, and they have just 27 games to make up that ground.
On Friday night, Los Angeles is set to face one of the few teams that will also be competing for the No.8 seed. The Portland Trail Blazers have been neck and neck with the Lakers for much of the season, and the two are set to compete for the third time this season.
The matchup between the two clubs will start at 10:30 p.m. eastern time at Staples Center. Viewers can watch a live stream online of the contest by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
With their win on Wednesday night against the Boston Celtics, the Lakers move a half-game ahead of the Blazers in the conference standings. Neither team has a realistic chance to win the Pacific Division and is looking to sneak into the postseason.
L.A. is 1-1 against Portland this season, but their one loss to the Blazers proved to be costly. Steve Nash went down with an injury, and went on to miss almost one-third of the season.
Dwight Howard will look to build of what might have been his best performance wearing the purple and gold. He scored 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds against Boston.
Kobe Bryant, likely feels confident heading into the game, despite his team's struggles. In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, the future Hall of famer guaranteed that the Lakers would make the playoffs.
Betting Line: Los Angeles -9.5, 203
Prediction: Los Angeles 101, Portland 99
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’