Ireland unlikely to rush into new 10-year bond - finance minister
February 23, 2013 8:35 AM EST
Ireland is unlikely to issue a new 10-year bond planned for the first half of the year over the next two weeks, Finance Minister Michael Noonan said on Friday after returning from three days of meetings with investors in London.
Ireland's debt agency, which has begun to gradually return to capital markets and pave the way towards exiting an EU/IMF bailout, plans to launch the new benchmark issue ahead of the resumption of regular bond auctions later this year.
"I don't think they're looking at it over the next two weeks and I don't think they have their mind up on the timeline yet but they're disposed to move sometime in the first half of the year when conditions are right," Noonan told reporters.
(Reporting by Padraic Halpin; Editing by Stephen Powell)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier