Ireland unlikely to rush into new 10-year bond - finance minister
February 23, 2013 8:35 AM EST
Ireland is unlikely to issue a new 10-year bond planned for the first half of the year over the next two weeks, Finance Minister Michael Noonan said on Friday after returning from three days of meetings with investors in London.
Ireland's debt agency, which has begun to gradually return to capital markets and pave the way towards exiting an EU/IMF bailout, plans to launch the new benchmark issue ahead of the resumption of regular bond auctions later this year.
"I don't think they're looking at it over the next two weeks and I don't think they have their mind up on the timeline yet but they're disposed to move sometime in the first half of the year when conditions are right," Noonan told reporters.
(Reporting by Padraic Halpin; Editing by Stephen Powell)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans