Home Where Bruce Springsteen Composed His Greatest Work, ‘Born To Run,’ Is On The Market For $349,000
By Angelo Young | February 23, 2013 6:26 AM EST
For a mere $349,000 you can purchase and live in a piece of rock and roll history: the Long Branch, N.J., cottage where the state’s native son Bruce Springsteen spent two years writing his breakthrough musical homage to America’s free-wheeling nature, “Born To Run,” considered one of the greatest rock albums of all time.
Springsteen, who was born in Long Branch, was just 24 when he moved into the cottage near the Jersey shore in 1974, long before the guidos and guidettes of MTV’s “Jersey Shore” helped turn the region into a caricature of bridge-and-tunnel Italian-American stereotypes.
The five-room home located at 7½ West End Court is about two blocks from the beach. The home has three owners, including the unnamed resident who is seeking to move out after getting married, according to The Ashbury Park Press. The other two owners would consider keeping their stake in the property.
Fans of The Boss, as Springsteen is known, have been known to seek out the home during their musical oriented fan-tours. The most famous of these pilgrims was Bob Dylan, who was arrested in August 2009 by an officer who didn’t recognize the “disheveled, rain-soaked” icon he was putting into handcuffs, according to ABC. Dylan was reportedly seeking out the home during one of his concert tours in order to get a feel for the environment that helped Springsteen paint an audio masterpiece of a time and place in American history.
Perhaps a new homebuyer will get the same inspiration. But whatever the case, he or she will probably have to deal with the occasional Springsteen fan seeking the same insight Dylan was searching for on that rainy late summer day on the Jersey shore.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Long Beach Real Estate Market Is Pricing Out Home Buyers with Limited Budget
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- New Zealand Minister Announces Web Site for Scrapping Outdated Rules
- Ellen DeGeneres Earns $15M Profit in $55M LA Mansion Sales to Sean Parker
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell