Jimmy Savile's Penthouse Finally Sells After Price Crash
By Dominic Gover | February 23, 2013 4:44 AM EST
The home owned by Britain's most infamous child sex abuser Jimmy Savile has finally been sold - but only after £75,000 was slashed from the asking price.
Savile lived in the property at Lake View Court in Roundhay, Leeds, until his death in 2011.
It had been expected to fetch up to £325,000 until allegations of child abuse by the former Jim'll Fix It presenter surfaced last year.
Savile's reputation was destroyed by a litany of allegations by victims, who revealed the BBC star exploited his position to gain access to young children and teenagers.
As a result of the allegations, the value of the property plummeted.
His three-bedroom penthouse with a parking space eventually sold this month for £250,000. It also comes with stunning views of Roundhay park, visible from a balcony overlooking a clump of trees.
Now the gaudy residence, with gold print and animal theme decoration, is set to be demolished by the new owners, severing the link with Savile.
A spokesman for the Leeds-based business which purchased the Penthouse explained what will happen next.
New owner CXI 92 Ltd told the Daily Mail: "I'll be honest, we negotiated a good deal and we bought the property because of the low price.
"I can tell you that we are going to demolish the property and completely rebuild it before selling it or possibly using it as a rental property.
"We are going to demolish it in the next six months to two years because of the terrible, terrible condition it is in."
It is not clear what will happen to the proceeds from the sale. Savile's estate will get the money, but its assets have been frozen by the executor, NatWest bank.
Thirteen police forces investigated allegations against Savile after his death, uncovering a reign of abuse which lasted decades.
The scandal also rocked the BBC when it was revealed the Corporation repeatedly failed to take action to stop Savile. Director General George Entwistle was forced to resign from his post, only weeks after being appointed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Trina Targets French Montana And Kardashian In A Song To Show What Happens To A Reject
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best