Corsair Unveils 'Voyager Air', World's First All-in-One Wireless Mobile Drive
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 23, 2013 2:28 AM EST
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components for the PC hardware market, on Friday unveiled the Voyager Air, the first unique do-it-all mobile wireless drive.
The features of this device include up to 1TB of capacity, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, a rechargeable battery and USB 3.0 connectivity. The Voyager Air enables digital fanatics to store endless number of songs, a large stock of movies along with an enormous collection of pictures and other data.
Media stored on Voyager Air is readily transferable directly from a PC or Mac, or through a free Corsair app by streaming it to Android devices or the Apple iPad or iPhones. It is equally useful when connected in homes to access media directly from network-enabled smart TVs, DVRs, game consoles, Blu-ray players and other streaming media boxes.
Voyager Air is available in 500GB and 1TB models providing ample storage to hold up to 800 full-length HD movies or about 380,000 MP3 files.
Voyager Air is an extremely useful device for users who like streaming data on the go. With this device, users can store and enjoy their favourite movies, songs and pictures whether at home or even when on the move. It contains a self streaming media server with a wireless hub built in so that it helps the user connect with various playback devices without being connected to the internet.
Voyager Air provides speedy, effective and secure 802.11n/b/g Wi-Fi connections for multiple users at ranges up to 90 feet, with the ability to stream high-definition video to up to five devices at once. The high-capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery allows the users to enjoy up to seven hours of non-interrupted video streaming between recharges.
The device can also be turned into a Wi-Fi hotspot enabling wireless pass through so that users can use it as a wireless hub to share Internet access. Another feature is that it can also function as a shared home network attached storage (NAS) drive by simply plugging it into a network router via its built-in Gigabit Ethernet interface. It can then be accessed by multiple users on any networked Windows OS or Linux systems to stream media or use it for file storage, media consolidation, and backup.
The Voyager Air drive also allows partition creation for easier distribution and organization of media and user files. It has a superior feature of USB 3.0 drive enabling nearly twice the performance of similar mobile USB drives. This allows users to copy a two-hour HD movie in less than 30 seconds or 1000 iPhone photos in less than 45 seconds. It's compatible with USB 2.0 connections as well.
Founded in 1994, Corsair's award-winning products include system monitoring and control devices, USB flash drives, DDR3 memory upgrades, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets and keyboards, laser gaming mice, power supply units, PC cooling products and computer cases.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone