Six Men Plead Not Guilty to Plotting Terrorist Attack Against EDL
By Ewan Palmer | February 23, 2013 1:23 AM EST
Six men have pleaded not guilty to allegations they were planning a terrorist attack against the English Defence League last year.
The men, from Birmingham. are accused of preparing acts of terrorism between 1 May and 4 July against the pro-English and anti-Islamic organisation.
The six are charged under the Terrorism Act 2006, accused of preparing for an act or acts of terrorism with the intention of committing such acts.
They are accused of manufacturing an improvised explosive device, as well as acquiring firearms and other weapons, and vehicles connected with their alleged plans.
Uddin, Khan and Hasseen were arrested in June after police allegedly found guns, knives, machetes and a home-made bomb in a car during a routine stop.
It is alleged police also discovered a note a note addressed to the EDL, who had held a rally in Dewsbury earlier that day.
Hussain, Saud and Ahmed were arrested on 4 July.
The arrests were among a series made by West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit.
A trail is due to begin on 7 May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate