New Zealand v England, 3rd ODI: Where to Watch Live, Preview, Team News
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 23, 2013 12:45 AM EST
New Zealand host England at Eden Park in Auckland, on Saturday, in the final game of the three-match One Day International (ODI) series. The series is tied 1-1 after Alastair Cook and his men beat the Kiwis by eight wickets, at Napier, in the second match. New Zealand took the first match by three wickets.
Where to Watch
The match starts at 6am GMT, with Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD providing live coverage in the UK.
New Zealand should have wrapped up the ODI series after posting a score of 269 at Napier. Ross Taylor (100) and an explosive Brendon McCullum (74 off 36 balls) set up a strong total for the Kiwis to bowl at but none of them found the line and length James Anderson did in the first innings.
The visitors' strike bowler was brilliant, picking up 5/34 from 9.5 overs and apart from Taylor, McCullum, Kane Williamson (33) and Grant Elliott (23) the home team's batsmen were at sixes and sevens. Unfortunately, none of Kyle Mills, Trent Boult, James Franklin or Tim Southee could do much with the ball when their turn came.
England began their chase with Cook and Ian Bell (44) recording 89 runs for the opening partnership. The joy at Bell's dismissal was short-lived though, for the captain joined with Jonathan Trott to add 60 for the second wicket. And when the former finally left (78), the score was 149/2 and the advantage was firmly with the visitors. There was no let-up thereafter as Trott (65 not out) and Root (79 not out) took England home, with 14 balls to spare.
Last Five Head-To-Head
2013, Napier: England won by 8 wickets
2013, Hamilton: New Zealand won by 3 wickets
2009, Johannesburg: New Zealand won by 4 wickets
2008, Lord's: New Zealand won by 51 runs
2008, The Oval: New Zealand won by 1 wicket
New Zealand: The Black Caps will be without opener Martin Guptill, meaning the inexperienced Hamish Rutherford is likely retain his position for the final ODI. Colin Munro could replace left-arm bowler Trent Boult for the Kiwis, in an attempt to add some batting depth. The trade-off will be the loss of a specialist bowler but given both Rutherford and Williamson are available as part-time bowlers, it should work out.
Probable Line-Up: BJ Watling, Hamish Rutherford, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Grant Elliott, Brendon McCullum (capt & wk), Colin Munro, James Franklin, Nathan McCullum, Tim Southee, Kyle Mills
England: The visitors are likely to name an unchanged squad, with Anderson leading the bowling attack. Cook will be relying on his team to put on a similar performance in the final ODI to seal a series victory against the Black Caps
Probable Line-Up: Alastair Cook (capt), Ian Bell, Jonathan Trott, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan, Jos Buttler (wk), Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Steven Finn
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop