Apple Patent Application Reveals ‘iWatch Wristband’ Could be Underway
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 10:43 PM EST
A patent application filed by Apple Inc revealed that the technology titan is working on a 'slap wrap' structure which could be the rumoured iWatch.
The patent application, titled "Bi-Stable Spring With Flexible Display," was filed at the US Patent and Trademark Office in August 2011. It described the technology as 'wearable accessory device', reported the DailyMail.
"With a touch screen user input a user can accomplish a number of different tasks including adjusting the order of a current playlist, and reviewing a list of recent phone calls," stated the application, CNET reported. "A response to a current text message can even be managed given a simple virtual keyboard configuration across the face of the flexible display."
The latest report came when rumours of the Apple iWatch are gaining traction. Earlier this month, there were reports that the Cupertino-based firm is prepping an iWatch which could function like a smartphone.
A recent Wall Street Journal report said that Apple's manufacturing partner, Hon Hai Precision Industry Co, may be developing various technologies which could be used in the wearable 'iWatch'. The device is in the pipeline as part of the company's strategy to expand its market beyond smartphones and tablets.
In a separate report of The New York Times, Apple's new experiment of a new wrist watch with a curved glass could be used to pay mobile bills. It was also noted that the rumoured watch will have Willow Glass - a tough material that is bendable as paper and produced from Gorilla Glass manufacturer Corning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown