Apple Patent Application Reveals ‘iWatch Wristband’ Could be Underway
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 10:43 PM EST
A patent application filed by Apple Inc revealed that the technology titan is working on a 'slap wrap' structure which could be the rumoured iWatch.
The patent application, titled "Bi-Stable Spring With Flexible Display," was filed at the US Patent and Trademark Office in August 2011. It described the technology as 'wearable accessory device', reported the DailyMail.
"With a touch screen user input a user can accomplish a number of different tasks including adjusting the order of a current playlist, and reviewing a list of recent phone calls," stated the application, CNET reported. "A response to a current text message can even be managed given a simple virtual keyboard configuration across the face of the flexible display."
The latest report came when rumours of the Apple iWatch are gaining traction. Earlier this month, there were reports that the Cupertino-based firm is prepping an iWatch which could function like a smartphone.
A recent Wall Street Journal report said that Apple's manufacturing partner, Hon Hai Precision Industry Co, may be developing various technologies which could be used in the wearable 'iWatch'. The device is in the pipeline as part of the company's strategy to expand its market beyond smartphones and tablets.
In a separate report of The New York Times, Apple's new experiment of a new wrist watch with a curved glass could be used to pay mobile bills. It was also noted that the rumoured watch will have Willow Glass - a tough material that is bendable as paper and produced from Gorilla Glass manufacturer Corning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales