Apple Patent Application Reveals ‘iWatch Wristband’ Could be Underway
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 10:43 PM EST
A patent application filed by Apple Inc revealed that the technology titan is working on a 'slap wrap' structure which could be the rumoured iWatch.
The patent application, titled "Bi-Stable Spring With Flexible Display," was filed at the US Patent and Trademark Office in August 2011. It described the technology as 'wearable accessory device', reported the DailyMail.
"With a touch screen user input a user can accomplish a number of different tasks including adjusting the order of a current playlist, and reviewing a list of recent phone calls," stated the application, CNET reported. "A response to a current text message can even be managed given a simple virtual keyboard configuration across the face of the flexible display."
The latest report came when rumours of the Apple iWatch are gaining traction. Earlier this month, there were reports that the Cupertino-based firm is prepping an iWatch which could function like a smartphone.
A recent Wall Street Journal report said that Apple's manufacturing partner, Hon Hai Precision Industry Co, may be developing various technologies which could be used in the wearable 'iWatch'. The device is in the pipeline as part of the company's strategy to expand its market beyond smartphones and tablets.
In a separate report of The New York Times, Apple's new experiment of a new wrist watch with a curved glass could be used to pay mobile bills. It was also noted that the rumoured watch will have Willow Glass - a tough material that is bendable as paper and produced from Gorilla Glass manufacturer Corning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide