Apple Patent Application Reveals ‘iWatch Wristband’ Could be Underway
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 10:43 PM EST
A patent application filed by Apple Inc revealed that the technology titan is working on a 'slap wrap' structure which could be the rumoured iWatch.
The patent application, titled "Bi-Stable Spring With Flexible Display," was filed at the US Patent and Trademark Office in August 2011. It described the technology as 'wearable accessory device', reported the DailyMail.
"With a touch screen user input a user can accomplish a number of different tasks including adjusting the order of a current playlist, and reviewing a list of recent phone calls," stated the application, CNET reported. "A response to a current text message can even be managed given a simple virtual keyboard configuration across the face of the flexible display."
The latest report came when rumours of the Apple iWatch are gaining traction. Earlier this month, there were reports that the Cupertino-based firm is prepping an iWatch which could function like a smartphone.
A recent Wall Street Journal report said that Apple's manufacturing partner, Hon Hai Precision Industry Co, may be developing various technologies which could be used in the wearable 'iWatch'. The device is in the pipeline as part of the company's strategy to expand its market beyond smartphones and tablets.
In a separate report of The New York Times, Apple's new experiment of a new wrist watch with a curved glass could be used to pay mobile bills. It was also noted that the rumoured watch will have Willow Glass - a tough material that is bendable as paper and produced from Gorilla Glass manufacturer Corning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares