Stock index futures signal a rebound
February 22, 2013 9:35 PM EST
Stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Wall Street on Friday, rebounding after the S&P 500 <.SPX> posted its worst two-day loss since November.
Futures for the S&P 500, the Dow Jones and the Nasdaq 100 were up 0.2-0.3 percent at 0958 GMT.
European shares rose and German Bund futures fell on Friday after a better-than-expected German Ifo survey.
Shares in Hewlett-Packard
Chipmaker Texas Instruments Inc
Fellow chipmaker Marvell Technology Group Ltd
Insurer American International Group Inc reported fourth-quarter results that beat Wall Street expectations, helping its shares rise 4.2 percent in after hours trade.
Newmont Mining Corp
Private equity firm KKR & Co LP
Interpublic Group, the second-biggest U.S. advertising and marketing group, is expected to follow larger rival Omnicom in reporting upbeat quarterly results, with earnings per shares seen up $0.03 year on year to $0.53 on higher revenue from the United States.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> fell 46.92 points, or 0.34 percent, to 13,880.62 on Thursday. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> lost 9.53 points, or 0.63 percent, to 1,502.42. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> dropped 32.92 points, or 1.04 percent, to close at 3,131.49.
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa/editing by Chris Pizzey, London MPG Desk, +44 (0)207 542-4441)
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft