How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy S2 I9100 [Tutorial]
By Sarmistha Acharya | February 22, 2013 7:36 PM EST
Samsung has released the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with build version XWLSE for the international version of Galaxy S2 (model number-I9100) users from Russia. The XWLSE Jelly Bean is a completely unbranded version of the firmware and can be installed via Samsung Kies. This firmware reportedly addresses bug issues found in the previous build and brings some enhancements.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean features
1) Buttery smooth performance and great stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
2) Full user interface revamp (Same UI like the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2)
3) TouchWiz Nature UX
4) Samsung's Cloud services
5) New Lockscreen with many customisation options
6) New features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
7) New widgets (From Galaxy S3)
8) Free 50GB Dropbox storage
9) 2 Home screen modes
10) New Notification bar with more Notification Toggles
11) Google Now
Galaxy S2 users who missed out on installing the latest Jelly Bean build through the official method may follow our step-by-step guide below to install the update manually using Odin.
IBtimse UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices before proceeding since the Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean works only on the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and not on any other variant.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Back up all data of the phone. In case the phone is having a custom recovery installed, then create a backup for the same.
4) The battery of Galaxy S2 should have above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The phone should be factory unlocked.
6) The device will lose root with the installation of official firmware.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
1) Download Android 4.1.2 I9100XWLSE Jelly Bean official firmware for Galaxy S2 I9100 to the computer and extract the downloaded zip file
2) Download Odin v1.85 which will help to install Jelly Bean firmware
3) Power off the phone. Enter Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Then press the Power button again to enter Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the phone to the computer while it is in Download Mode. If the phone is connected to the computer successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step is likely to take some time
6) Select these files, which are extracted from I9100XWLSE folder, in the mentioned order to install on the phone
a) Click on PDA and select the file with CODE in its name
b) Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT and select .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) In Odin, ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected. Also verify the Re-Partition option is selected, in case a .pit file is being used
8) Click on Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now which would take about five minutes
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. After the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect the phone from the computer
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 should be now updated and running on official Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
Click here for the step-by-step guide to root Galaxy S2 I9100 on Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: