Heat Extend Winning Streak
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 6:56 PM EST
LeBron James missed just four shots while scoring 26 points, grabbing 12 rebounds, and dishing out seven assists to extend the Miami Heat's winning streak to nine games with a road victory on Thursday over the Chicago Bulls, 86-67.
James continues to make a strong case for the MVP award. He has shot 66.3 percent from the field in February, and Miami only has one loss for the month.
"We're putting together some good basketball right now," said James. "If we don't turn the ball over, we get good shots at the rim, we have a chance to win."
James has not been doing it all by himself. The Heat shot 50.7 percent from the field, and had 14 steals against a Bulls squad that struggled to find their rhythm on offense.
Dwyane Wade, a Chicago native, scored 17 points on eight-of-15 shooting, and also had eight rebounds, five assists, two blocks, and two steals. Ray Allen added 11 points off the bench.
Meanwhile, the Bulls continue to slid in February. The Bulls have lost six of their last nine games, with the club appearing to now feel the effects of the absence of former MVP Derrick Rose.
Chicago shot just 37.3 percent, and turned the ball over 26 times against a Heat squad they defeated in Miami on Jan. 4.
Nate Robinson led Chicago with 14 points, while Carlos Boozer added 12 points and 11 rebounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS