Heat Extend Winning Streak
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 6:56 PM EST
LeBron James missed just four shots while scoring 26 points, grabbing 12 rebounds, and dishing out seven assists to extend the Miami Heat's winning streak to nine games with a road victory on Thursday over the Chicago Bulls, 86-67.
James continues to make a strong case for the MVP award. He has shot 66.3 percent from the field in February, and Miami only has one loss for the month.
"We're putting together some good basketball right now," said James. "If we don't turn the ball over, we get good shots at the rim, we have a chance to win."
James has not been doing it all by himself. The Heat shot 50.7 percent from the field, and had 14 steals against a Bulls squad that struggled to find their rhythm on offense.
Dwyane Wade, a Chicago native, scored 17 points on eight-of-15 shooting, and also had eight rebounds, five assists, two blocks, and two steals. Ray Allen added 11 points off the bench.
Meanwhile, the Bulls continue to slid in February. The Bulls have lost six of their last nine games, with the club appearing to now feel the effects of the absence of former MVP Derrick Rose.
Chicago shot just 37.3 percent, and turned the ball over 26 times against a Heat squad they defeated in Miami on Jan. 4.
Nate Robinson led Chicago with 14 points, while Carlos Boozer added 12 points and 11 rebounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date