Heat Extend Winning Streak
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 6:56 PM EST
LeBron James missed just four shots while scoring 26 points, grabbing 12 rebounds, and dishing out seven assists to extend the Miami Heat's winning streak to nine games with a road victory on Thursday over the Chicago Bulls, 86-67.
James continues to make a strong case for the MVP award. He has shot 66.3 percent from the field in February, and Miami only has one loss for the month.
"We're putting together some good basketball right now," said James. "If we don't turn the ball over, we get good shots at the rim, we have a chance to win."
James has not been doing it all by himself. The Heat shot 50.7 percent from the field, and had 14 steals against a Bulls squad that struggled to find their rhythm on offense.
Dwyane Wade, a Chicago native, scored 17 points on eight-of-15 shooting, and also had eight rebounds, five assists, two blocks, and two steals. Ray Allen added 11 points off the bench.
Meanwhile, the Bulls continue to slid in February. The Bulls have lost six of their last nine games, with the club appearing to now feel the effects of the absence of former MVP Derrick Rose.
Chicago shot just 37.3 percent, and turned the ball over 26 times against a Heat squad they defeated in Miami on Jan. 4.
Nate Robinson led Chicago with 14 points, while Carlos Boozer added 12 points and 11 rebounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools