Heat Extend Winning Streak
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 6:56 PM EST
LeBron James missed just four shots while scoring 26 points, grabbing 12 rebounds, and dishing out seven assists to extend the Miami Heat's winning streak to nine games with a road victory on Thursday over the Chicago Bulls, 86-67.
James continues to make a strong case for the MVP award. He has shot 66.3 percent from the field in February, and Miami only has one loss for the month.
"We're putting together some good basketball right now," said James. "If we don't turn the ball over, we get good shots at the rim, we have a chance to win."
James has not been doing it all by himself. The Heat shot 50.7 percent from the field, and had 14 steals against a Bulls squad that struggled to find their rhythm on offense.
Dwyane Wade, a Chicago native, scored 17 points on eight-of-15 shooting, and also had eight rebounds, five assists, two blocks, and two steals. Ray Allen added 11 points off the bench.
Meanwhile, the Bulls continue to slid in February. The Bulls have lost six of their last nine games, with the club appearing to now feel the effects of the absence of former MVP Derrick Rose.
Chicago shot just 37.3 percent, and turned the ball over 26 times against a Heat squad they defeated in Miami on Jan. 4.
Nate Robinson led Chicago with 14 points, while Carlos Boozer added 12 points and 11 rebounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight