Heat Extend Winning Streak
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 6:56 PM EST
LeBron James missed just four shots while scoring 26 points, grabbing 12 rebounds, and dishing out seven assists to extend the Miami Heat's winning streak to nine games with a road victory on Thursday over the Chicago Bulls, 86-67.
James continues to make a strong case for the MVP award. He has shot 66.3 percent from the field in February, and Miami only has one loss for the month.
"We're putting together some good basketball right now," said James. "If we don't turn the ball over, we get good shots at the rim, we have a chance to win."
James has not been doing it all by himself. The Heat shot 50.7 percent from the field, and had 14 steals against a Bulls squad that struggled to find their rhythm on offense.
Dwyane Wade, a Chicago native, scored 17 points on eight-of-15 shooting, and also had eight rebounds, five assists, two blocks, and two steals. Ray Allen added 11 points off the bench.
Meanwhile, the Bulls continue to slid in February. The Bulls have lost six of their last nine games, with the club appearing to now feel the effects of the absence of former MVP Derrick Rose.
Chicago shot just 37.3 percent, and turned the ball over 26 times against a Heat squad they defeated in Miami on Jan. 4.
Nate Robinson led Chicago with 14 points, while Carlos Boozer added 12 points and 11 rebounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales