End of the World 2013: Higgs Boson Apocalypse Linked to St Malachy, Nostradamus Prophecies
By Arlene Paredes | February 22, 2013 4:38 PM EST
"End of the world 2013" became a hot social media topic after Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation effective Feb. 28. There were talks about the next pope being the last pope according to St Malachy's prophecies. Last pope will "flee Rome" in December and usher in Judgment Day, according to Nostradamus. Now a report from the science community is saying the Higgs boson aka the God particle could be linked to the apocalypse.
Nostradamus and St Malachy Prophecies, the ISON Comet
Nostradamus is believed to have predicted the last pope will "flee Rome" in December, when there are "two suns" in the sky. Such a prediction was given more weight with astronomers' announcements related to the ISON comet (C/2012 S1).
The orbit of ISON comet appears similar to the Great Comet of 1680 also known as Kirch's or Newton's Comet. It "brightened so much it was plainly visible to the naked eye in mid-afternoon in early December," according to Bob King, who teaches community education astronomy classes at a Minnesota planetarium.
The "last pope" was called as such because a 12th century Irish Archbishop, St Malachy, had allegedly foretold that the last pope will be the 112th pope of the Catholics -- the successor of Pope Benedict XVI. But how come some historians are saying the St Malachy prophecies were forged?
Researchers Mike Hebert and Zoltan wrote about theories that Nostradamus was the one who made the prophecies about the 112 popes. But he somehow managed to attribute the list to St Malachy for fear of persecution.
Higgs Boson Apocalypse?
"It may be that the universe we live in is inherently unstable and at some point billions of years from now it's all going to get wiped out," Joseph Lykken, a theoretical physicist with the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Illinois, was quoted by the Toronto Sun as saying.
The key phrase in Lykken's explanation is "billions of years." It is also possible that since the universe is expanding, Earth has moved too far from the sun before a Higgs boson apocalypse could happen. (Or Higgs boson itself is responsible for the expansion of the universe?) What the scientists are saying, however, is that the Earth could vanish in an instant - billions of years from now.
"[Some Boson particle-related calculation] tells you that many tens of billions of years from now, there'll be a catastrophe," Lykken said, adding, "A little bubble of what you might think of as an 'alternative' universe will appear somewhere and then it will expand out and destroy us," stressing everything could happen at the speed of light, so it won't hurt.
Lykken was telling reporters about the progress in the study of Higgs boson, the particle responsible for giving matter its mass. This particle was mostly a theory until scientists advanced their studies last year.
In a nutshell, there is no alarming apocalypse-linked discovery from CERN in relation to Higgs boson. But scientists publicly identified another possible way for the world to end. St Malachy's prophecies were probably forged, and the connection between the last pope and end of the world could all be Nostradamus' visions. Finally, the ISON comet could be the second sun Nostradamus was referring to when he allegedly wrote about "two suns" in the sky. As to whether the comet ISON heralds the end of time, CERN has no word on that, so far.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Accelerates Ban on Shark Finning
- Woman Posts Ad for Herself As 'Professional Bridesmaid' On Craigslist
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch