End of the World 2013: Higgs Boson Apocalypse Linked to St Malachy, Nostradamus Prophecies
By Arlene Paredes | February 22, 2013 4:38 PM EST
"End of the world 2013" became a hot social media topic after Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation effective Feb. 28. There were talks about the next pope being the last pope according to St Malachy's prophecies. Last pope will "flee Rome" in December and usher in Judgment Day, according to Nostradamus. Now a report from the science community is saying the Higgs boson aka the God particle could be linked to the apocalypse.
Nostradamus and St Malachy Prophecies, the ISON Comet
Nostradamus is believed to have predicted the last pope will "flee Rome" in December, when there are "two suns" in the sky. Such a prediction was given more weight with astronomers' announcements related to the ISON comet (C/2012 S1).
The orbit of ISON comet appears similar to the Great Comet of 1680 also known as Kirch's or Newton's Comet. It "brightened so much it was plainly visible to the naked eye in mid-afternoon in early December," according to Bob King, who teaches community education astronomy classes at a Minnesota planetarium.
The "last pope" was called as such because a 12th century Irish Archbishop, St Malachy, had allegedly foretold that the last pope will be the 112th pope of the Catholics -- the successor of Pope Benedict XVI. But how come some historians are saying the St Malachy prophecies were forged?
Researchers Mike Hebert and Zoltan wrote about theories that Nostradamus was the one who made the prophecies about the 112 popes. But he somehow managed to attribute the list to St Malachy for fear of persecution.
Higgs Boson Apocalypse?
"It may be that the universe we live in is inherently unstable and at some point billions of years from now it's all going to get wiped out," Joseph Lykken, a theoretical physicist with the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Illinois, was quoted by the Toronto Sun as saying.
The key phrase in Lykken's explanation is "billions of years." It is also possible that since the universe is expanding, Earth has moved too far from the sun before a Higgs boson apocalypse could happen. (Or Higgs boson itself is responsible for the expansion of the universe?) What the scientists are saying, however, is that the Earth could vanish in an instant - billions of years from now.
"[Some Boson particle-related calculation] tells you that many tens of billions of years from now, there'll be a catastrophe," Lykken said, adding, "A little bubble of what you might think of as an 'alternative' universe will appear somewhere and then it will expand out and destroy us," stressing everything could happen at the speed of light, so it won't hurt.
Lykken was telling reporters about the progress in the study of Higgs boson, the particle responsible for giving matter its mass. This particle was mostly a theory until scientists advanced their studies last year.
In a nutshell, there is no alarming apocalypse-linked discovery from CERN in relation to Higgs boson. But scientists publicly identified another possible way for the world to end. St Malachy's prophecies were probably forged, and the connection between the last pope and end of the world could all be Nostradamus' visions. Finally, the ISON comet could be the second sun Nostradamus was referring to when he allegedly wrote about "two suns" in the sky. As to whether the comet ISON heralds the end of time, CERN has no word on that, so far.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- British Teenager Wants Her Leg Cut To be Able To Compete At Paralympics – Watch Video
- Pope Francis, Catholic Church Key To Climate Change Effort
- Passengers Shouted 'Shame' On Pak Politician For Delaying Flight And Barred Him From Boarding
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border