Rupee Headed for Third Week of Losses
February 22, 2013 3:37 PM EST
The rupee opens lower at 54.51/52 versus its close of 54.47/48.
Rupee headed for third week of losses.
Pair tipped in 54.30-54.75 band for session.
Dealers, however, expect some bunched-up dollar sales from state-run banks, which have largely been absent in the market for the past two sessions due to a strike.
The dollar bustled near a 5-1/2-month high against a basket of currencies on Friday, on doubts over just how long the U.S. Federal Reserve will keep its quantitative easing in place.
Asian currencies mixed.
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues