Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Looms: S3 Successor May Feature New 'Samsung Orb' Camera
By Ian Kar | February 22, 2013 2:59 PM EST
A software engineer working on the rumored Galaxy S4 reportedly told Android Geeks that the device may include a new camera feature called the Samsung Orb, which is said to be an extension of the Photo Sphere feature introduced in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
According to Android Geeks, the Samsung Orb may allow Galaxy S4 owners capture 360-degree panorama photos that will give users "an almost three-dimensional viewing experience." The source also said Samsung is currently working closely with Facebook and users may be able upload the panorama pictures on Facebook, just like users can with normal photos.
Even though the Samsung Galaxy S4 release date may arrive as early as March 14, the Samsung Orb is still in beta and company employees are working diligently to prepare the feature before Samsung's unveiling ceremony. Sources told Android Geeks that if the feature is not finished by the time the Samsung Galaxy S4 is released, Samsung may just add the feature as a software update before the phone hits the market.
Hardware, Specs, And Features
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumored to be packed with updated hardware and a bigger screen. The phone is said to feature a full HD 5-inch display, touchless interactions with the screen and a 13-megapixel camera. In addition, the Samsung Galaxy S4 may include a new 5G Wi-Fi combo chip, which could allow the Samsung Galaxy S4 to have Wi-Fi speeds comparable to Ethernet. The Samsung Galaxy S4 could also pack a brand-new Exynos 5 Octa, which may have four high-powered and four low-powered CPUT cores to improve the devices processes.
“Save the date for a big announcement - March 14 :) And keep silence ;) HTC will miss HTC One sales again :( Like it was in 2012,” Murtazin tweeted.
Similarly, SamMobile, one of the premier Samsung news websites, reported that Murtazin's tweet was a reference to the release of the Samsung Galaxy S4, believed to be unveiled at a future event in New York City. Also, sources reportedly told the Verge that Samsung was planning to unveil the S4 on March 14, and the event would be held in the US. However, keep in mind that all of the rumors surrounding the Samsung Galaxy S4, from the features to the hardware specs and release date, have been unconfirmed by Samsung, which has remained mum on all information about its upcoming products.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles