Grey’s Anatomy Season 9: Alex Karev and Jo Wilson as the New Sloan-Lexie Grey?
By Arlene Paredes | February 22, 2013 2:15 PM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9, Episode 16, "This Is Why We Fight" airs Thurs (Feb. 21) and picks up from the resignation of the doctors involved in last season finale's plane crash. Meanwhile, Alex Karev is set to find ways to keep the hospital afloat, while Jo Wilson was asked to keep a secret. Whatever romance was brewing between Karev and Wilson, it may have to wait as drama continues at Seattle Grace Mercy West.
SPOILER ALERT: This article contains spoilers for those who have not seen the latest episodes of Grey's Anatomy Season 9. Read at your own risk.
Alex Karev, Jo Wilson: Repeating Sloan-Lexie Grey History?
Alex Karev is seeing Jo Wilson in a whole new rosy light. But Wilson does not seem to be that into him. Or perhaps Wilson was being rational about it - she simply doesn't think dating co-workers is a good idea. Interestingly, when she brought this up in a casual conversation with Karev, he points her to Shepherd and Grey who are making it work.
In "This is Why We Fight," spoilers indicate Karev will impress Wilson when he takes care of a particular patient. In the same episode, Wilson will be in tears (no, non-weepy Wilson is much cooler). In another spoiler, Heather is seen telling Jo to "not say anything." Will the interns get caught in the middle of the mess left behind by the docs who resigned to save the hospital?
If Wilson actually likes Karev and she's denying her feelings for any reason, then she'd be pulling a Lexie Grey - she'd only burst to a tearful confession in the end. But not before Karev goes looking elsewhere, hurting another girl.
Jackson Avery and April Kepner: Just Friends?
Others in danger of following the Sloan-Grey path are Jackson Avery and April Kepner. In the last episode, they are struggling to go back to how things were - before they had sex for fun. Kepner's dating someone else, Avery is "not serious" with an intern. But didn't they develop any real feelings from their encounters last season?
But Avery will have something else to think about in "This is Why We Fight." Catherine Avery (Debbie Allen) will show up to tell her son to move to Boston. In other spoiler reports, Jesse Williams has said Avery will be considering this option. Fans need not worry, though.
Grey's series creator Shonda Rhimes has said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that there will be no more exits this season. "We're not going to see any cast departures," she said.
VIDEO: Grey's Anatomy Season 9, Episode 16, "This Is Why We Fight" Sneak Peek
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight