New York Prison Guard, Tyshinia Love Brewster, Pregnant By Inmate Is Charged With Rape
By Charles Poladian | February 22, 2013 12:15 PM EST
A prison guard in New York's Downstate Correctional Facility is pregnant with an inmate’s child and is being charged with rape. The prison guard, identified as Tyshinia Love Brewster, had been having a sexual relationship with the man since 2010.
Brewster is currently six months pregnant with the inmate’s child, according to a statement released by the New York State Police. Brewster has been a guard at Downstate Correctional facility, located in Fishkill, for seven and a half years. Brewster and the inmate began their relationship in 2010 and, according to the release, “The two would become intimate during her shift assignments at the prison on the cellblock on which the inmate was housed.”
Brewster was arrested at her home in Poughkeepsie by Investigators Noreen Winterfeldt and Kimberly Hettwer and Trooper Michael Ramirez. Brewster will be charged with third-degree rape and will also face disciplinary charges from the Inspector General’s Office. She was arraigned and will return to court on March 20. The inmate, in jail for a felony conviction, has been transferred to another prison.
According to the New York Post, Brewster was charged with rape because an inmate cannot legally consent to sex. New York penal code section 130.05 subsection 3 (e) says, “committed to the care and custody or supervision of the state department of corrections and community supervision or a hospital, as such term is defined in subdivision two of section four hundred of the correction law, and the actor is an employee who knows or reasonably should know that such person is committed to the care and custody or supervision of such department or hospital.”
As previously reported by IBTimes, earlier in February, Nancy Gonzalez, a New York City prison guard, was charged with rape after she allegedly became pregnant by Ronell Wilson, a convicted cop-killer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2