5 Reasons Why iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Are Worth Waiting and Buying
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 22, 2013 11:41 AM EST
Analysts already revealed their thoughts on the roadmap of Apple devices this year. Consumers are still mulling over the rumours of a low cost iPhone that may hit the market causing a severe blow on the sales of the latest iPhone 5.
Many consumers are looking into whether the new iPhones are worth waiting and buying with a lot of fierce competition in the market.
Apple may not be able to release an iPhone with ground breaking specs and features this year, according to Jefferies analyst Peter Misek, who maintains a high level of confidence regarding his hardware predictions. As with any research-based report, the information within should be taken with a grain of salt.
Misek said that the original plan is to release an iPhone with a bigger screen display; however, Apple's screen suppliers are struggling with the manufacturing process in increasing the size of the 4-inch iPhone to 4.8-inches.
Misek concluded that Apple will release a low-cost iPhone in June, as well as an iPhone 5S, which a handset without major upgrades.
The company remained tight-lipped on the details of the upcoming smartphones.
Below are the five reasons why you should consider waiting and buying the new iPhones.
1. Thinner and Lighter Designs
The new iPhones is expected to be thinner and lighter than its predecessors. The cheap iPhone 5S will sport a plastic body compared to the major iPhone's aluminium casing, making it more lightweight.
2. New and Improved Features
Apple are expected to include an improved camera in the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.The iPhone 5S may include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
3. Cheap iPhone 5S
A new rumour emerged that Apple's low cost iPhone, dubbed as iPhone 5S, will have a friendly tag price starting around somewhere $199. It is still unknown whether the aforementioned price will be the price of an unlocked iPhone or under a contract with carriers.
The incredibly cheap price will definitely attract a lot of consumers in many parts of the world, especially in big markets such as India and China and other third world countries. The major iPhone 6 is expected to have the same price tag as the previous iPhone.
4. Different Color Variants
One of the exciting rumours on iPhone is that consumers will now have the option to choose the color of their handset as Apple will release other colors apart from iPhone's original hues of black and white.
5. Give Consumers Options
Releasing two iPhones will give more options to consumers when buying devices like what iPad Mini did. Some analysts view it as Apple widening its target market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast