Tickers, Articles & Keywords: Hewlett-Packard Jumps After Q1 Results, Guidance
By Scott Rubin | February 22, 2013 9:23 AM EST
Struggling PC-maker Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) released its fiscal first-quarter earnings results after the closing bell on Thursday. In the wake of the report, the stock rallied around 6 percent in the after-hours session.
The company reported net income of $1.2 billion or $0.63 per share, versus $1.5 billion or $0.73 per share, in last year's corresponding quarter.
On an adjusted basis, H-P reported net income of $1.6 billion or $0.82 per share, versus $1.8 billion or $0.92 per share, in last year's first-quarter. This compared to Wall Street analysts' consensus EPS estimates of $0.71.
Sales for the period were down 6 percent to $28.36 billion from $30.04 billion last year. This beat analysts' consensus estimates of $27.79 billion.
Looking ahead, the company said that it expects Q2 adjusted earnings per share of $0.80 to $0.82. For the full-year HP guided for EPS of $2.30 to $2.50, up from its previous guidance of $2.10 to $2.30. The company continues to expect adjusted EPS of $3.40 to $3.60 for the full-year.
Currently, Wall Street analysts have second quarter and full-year consensus EPS estimates of $0.77 and $3.32, respectively.
CEO Meg Whitman will appear on CNBC tomorrow at 9am to discuss the company's results.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Copyright Benzinga. All rights reserved.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed