Tickers, Articles & Keywords: Hewlett-Packard Jumps After Q1 Results, Guidance
By Scott Rubin | February 22, 2013 9:23 AM EST
Struggling PC-maker Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) released its fiscal first-quarter earnings results after the closing bell on Thursday. In the wake of the report, the stock rallied around 6 percent in the after-hours session.
The company reported net income of $1.2 billion or $0.63 per share, versus $1.5 billion or $0.73 per share, in last year's corresponding quarter.
On an adjusted basis, H-P reported net income of $1.6 billion or $0.82 per share, versus $1.8 billion or $0.92 per share, in last year's first-quarter. This compared to Wall Street analysts' consensus EPS estimates of $0.71.
Sales for the period were down 6 percent to $28.36 billion from $30.04 billion last year. This beat analysts' consensus estimates of $27.79 billion.
Looking ahead, the company said that it expects Q2 adjusted earnings per share of $0.80 to $0.82. For the full-year HP guided for EPS of $2.30 to $2.50, up from its previous guidance of $2.10 to $2.30. The company continues to expect adjusted EPS of $3.40 to $3.60 for the full-year.
Currently, Wall Street analysts have second quarter and full-year consensus EPS estimates of $0.77 and $3.32, respectively.
CEO Meg Whitman will appear on CNBC tomorrow at 9am to discuss the company's results.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Copyright Benzinga. All rights reserved.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics