Tickers, Articles & Keywords: Hewlett-Packard Jumps After Q1 Results, Guidance
By Scott Rubin | February 22, 2013 9:23 AM EST
Struggling PC-maker Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) released its fiscal first-quarter earnings results after the closing bell on Thursday. In the wake of the report, the stock rallied around 6 percent in the after-hours session.
The company reported net income of $1.2 billion or $0.63 per share, versus $1.5 billion or $0.73 per share, in last year's corresponding quarter.
On an adjusted basis, H-P reported net income of $1.6 billion or $0.82 per share, versus $1.8 billion or $0.92 per share, in last year's first-quarter. This compared to Wall Street analysts' consensus EPS estimates of $0.71.
Sales for the period were down 6 percent to $28.36 billion from $30.04 billion last year. This beat analysts' consensus estimates of $27.79 billion.
Looking ahead, the company said that it expects Q2 adjusted earnings per share of $0.80 to $0.82. For the full-year HP guided for EPS of $2.30 to $2.50, up from its previous guidance of $2.10 to $2.30. The company continues to expect adjusted EPS of $3.40 to $3.60 for the full-year.
Currently, Wall Street analysts have second quarter and full-year consensus EPS estimates of $0.77 and $3.32, respectively.
CEO Meg Whitman will appear on CNBC tomorrow at 9am to discuss the company's results.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Copyright Benzinga. All rights reserved.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report