Tickers, Articles & Keywords: Hewlett-Packard Jumps After Q1 Results, Guidance
By Scott Rubin | February 22, 2013 9:23 AM EST
Struggling PC-maker Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) released its fiscal first-quarter earnings results after the closing bell on Thursday. In the wake of the report, the stock rallied around 6 percent in the after-hours session.
The company reported net income of $1.2 billion or $0.63 per share, versus $1.5 billion or $0.73 per share, in last year's corresponding quarter.
On an adjusted basis, H-P reported net income of $1.6 billion or $0.82 per share, versus $1.8 billion or $0.92 per share, in last year's first-quarter. This compared to Wall Street analysts' consensus EPS estimates of $0.71.
Sales for the period were down 6 percent to $28.36 billion from $30.04 billion last year. This beat analysts' consensus estimates of $27.79 billion.
Looking ahead, the company said that it expects Q2 adjusted earnings per share of $0.80 to $0.82. For the full-year HP guided for EPS of $2.30 to $2.50, up from its previous guidance of $2.10 to $2.30. The company continues to expect adjusted EPS of $3.40 to $3.60 for the full-year.
Currently, Wall Street analysts have second quarter and full-year consensus EPS estimates of $0.77 and $3.32, respectively.
CEO Meg Whitman will appear on CNBC tomorrow at 9am to discuss the company's results.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Copyright Benzinga. All rights reserved.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes