Lil Wayne Addresses Chris Bosh, Adrienne Williams Insult, Says He Won't Apologize, References NBA Wife In 2007 Freestyle
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 22, 2013 9:14 AM EST
Lil Wayne has spoken out about his actions at the recent LIV All-Star Weekend party where he claimed to have had sexual relations with Adrienne Williams, the wife of Miami Heat Power forward Chris Bosh.
The rapper spoke with Miami's 99 Jamz radio station via telephone Wednesday night and said he had no qualms about the harsh words he expressed at a party he hosted at Stereo Live in Houston, Texas Sunday.
“I don't apologize for that night. That's who I am and yes I did say those things,” he told 99 Jamz’s Felicia Monet.
It was on stage at the party that Lil Wayne commented on a situation where he was ejected from a Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers game earlier this month and subsequently banned from NBA games.
“If you're wondering why you didn't see me at the All Star Game it's because I was banned from attending all NBA events. The Miami Heat got me banned,” he said at the party, after which he led the crowd in chanting, “F**k NBA! F**k Lebron! F**k SheWade! F**k Chris Bosh! And I f**ked Chris Bosh wife!”
According to the Daily Mail, Lil Wayne claims he was kicked out of the game at the American Airlines Arena for rooting for the Los Angeles Lakers.
The rapper took to Twitter after the Feb. 9 game saying, “So I'm @ da Heat game right, rootin 4 da Lakers kuz dats my team & would u believe they got police 2 make me leave?! Wow! F**k da Heat.”
USA Today uncovered tweets from a fan named Danny Vega who says he sat near Lil Wayne at the game and detailed that the rapper was removed from the venue after a brief altercation with another patron.
“Random guy yelled at Lil Wayne at #MiamiHEAT game. Weezy looked back, gave him a mean stare & gestured he had a gun,” Vega tweeted.
“Weezy just got into argument with security at the #MiamiHEAT game. He got kicked out for gun gesture.”
Miami Heat spokeswoman Lorrie-Ann Diaz told USA Today Sports via email that the rapper was not kicked out but rather left of his own accord.
During his phone interview with 99 Jamz, Lil Wayne would not confirm or deny as to whether what he said about Bosh’s wife was true, noting only that he would not apologize for his statement, according to the Source.
He did, however, take the time to retract what he said about Lebron James, stating that he was too heated in the moment to censor his words; and also extended his apology to the city of Miami.
Hip Hop gossip website, Global Grind recently reported that Williams and Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter Jr. apparently have history.
In an exclusive report, the website detailed that the former model that went by the nickname “short stack,” due to her 5’ frame was involved with the rapper before her 2011 marriage to Bosh.
A source told the websites that Williams told the rapper that she was sick with cancer, for which he apparently gave her $10,000. Instead of getting treatment, she supposedly took off with the money, leaving Lil Wayne to believe that he was hustled.
Global Grind suggests that Lil Wayne references the incident in his 2007 freestyle rap, “Fronting Like Ya Daddy."
The lyrics read, "What about the time in New York when the shorty told you she had cancer. Had you in the room all teary eyed and then you give her a check for 10 thousand. Then they called you the next day and tell you she ain't got cancer."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef