Citigroup overhauls executive pay plan after shareholder vote
February 22, 2013 9:14 AM EST
The company, in a filing Thursday afternoon, also said the company is paying new Chief Executive Mike Corbat $11.5 million (7.5 million pounds) for his work in 2012.
The plan was crafted after board Chairman Michael O'Neill and other directors met with "nearly 20" shareholders representing more than 30 percent of Citigroup stock, according to the filing.
The new plan provides that 30 percent of the bonus for top executives will be paid in cash, depending on how much the company earns on assets and on total shareholder return compared with peers over three years through 2015.
Citigroup's previous pay plan failed to win endorsement of shareholders in a vote at the company's annual meeting in April.
"When our shareholders spoke last year about Citi's compensation structure, we listened," O'Neill said in the filing.
The 2012 pay for Corbat, who was named CEO in October, was based partly on the new pay plan which was being developed last year. The company has not yet disclosed pay for other top executives.
(Reporting by David Henry in New York; Editing by Gary Hill and Richard Chang)
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air