Politician Brian Coleman Claims he Bedded Arsenal Striker
By Dominic Gover | February 22, 2013 4:52 AM EST
A colourful local London politician who used to advise Boris Johnson has claimed that he bedded an Arsenal striker.
Brian Coleman confessed on his personal blog called "The king of bling is back".
Writing about the uncertainty around the future of lower league football club Barnet FC, he mentioned the gay tryst almost in passing but did not name the player or say when the activity took place.
He told readers: "For someone who has little interest in football, although I did attend Barnet v Port Vale at Underhill a couple of years ago, and once slept with an Arsenal striker, I am not fussed if Barnet survive in the Football League or bothered where they play."
His comment could reopen interest in the subject of homosexuality in football, with so few players prepared to openly declare their sexuality. In previous years, the climate was even more adverse for footballers struggling to deal with the issue in the face of often naked homophobia within the game and from fans.
Coleman has been embroiled in controversy of late, which saw him stripped of places on Barnet Council committees. In 2012, the 51-year-old maverick lost his position at Johnson's side after being voted off the London Assembly in elections.
The 51-year-old was also suspended by the Conservative party after a woman claimed he attacked her as she filmed him flouting parking rules which he had helped draw up in the council chambers.
And he caused fury at one Barnet Council meeting by branding women hecklers as "mad, bad, old hags".
Coleman has described his own views as "robust" and claimed to feature in a list of the top 50 most powerful gay men and women in the UK.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Spying Claims Muddle New Zealand Election as Dotcom Calls Key Gov't An 'American Slave'
- Strike vs ISIS Countdown: Arab Nations Signify Intent to Join U.S. Fight
- Germany to Send Soldiers to Iraq, Bans Displays of Support for ISIS
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date