Analysts Play Catch Up to Google's New All-Time High
By Sam Mattera | February 22, 2013 4:36 AM EST
Shares of Google (NASDAQ: GOOG [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) hit a new all-time high on Wednesday of $808.97. In light of this tremendous run, which saw shares rally nearly 20% in the last three months, several analysts raised their price targets on tech giant Thursday morning.
Deutsche Bank raised its price target from $850 to $935 and maintained its Buy rating.
Sanford Bernstein raised its price target from $820 to $1000 and maintained its Outperform rating.
CLSA raised its price target from $900 to $1000 and maintained its Buy rating.
Now with two $1000 price targets, the comparisons to Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) seem inevitable. When shares of Apple were setting new highs last September, a few analysts gave the stock quadruple digit targets, including Topkea Research's infamous $1111 price target. Of course, Apple was never able to live up to expectations.
Shares of Google traded near $800 early Thursday.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps