Analysts Play Catch Up to Google's New All-Time High
By Sam Mattera | February 22, 2013 4:36 AM EST
Shares of Google (NASDAQ: GOOG [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) hit a new all-time high on Wednesday of $808.97. In light of this tremendous run, which saw shares rally nearly 20% in the last three months, several analysts raised their price targets on tech giant Thursday morning.
Deutsche Bank raised its price target from $850 to $935 and maintained its Buy rating.
Sanford Bernstein raised its price target from $820 to $1000 and maintained its Outperform rating.
CLSA raised its price target from $900 to $1000 and maintained its Buy rating.
Now with two $1000 price targets, the comparisons to Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) seem inevitable. When shares of Apple were setting new highs last September, a few analysts gave the stock quadruple digit targets, including Topkea Research's infamous $1111 price target. Of course, Apple was never able to live up to expectations.
Shares of Google traded near $800 early Thursday.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report