Analysts Play Catch Up to Google's New All-Time High
By Sam Mattera | February 22, 2013 4:36 AM EST
Shares of Google (NASDAQ: GOOG [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) hit a new all-time high on Wednesday of $808.97. In light of this tremendous run, which saw shares rally nearly 20% in the last three months, several analysts raised their price targets on tech giant Thursday morning.
Deutsche Bank raised its price target from $850 to $935 and maintained its Buy rating.
Sanford Bernstein raised its price target from $820 to $1000 and maintained its Outperform rating.
CLSA raised its price target from $900 to $1000 and maintained its Buy rating.
Now with two $1000 price targets, the comparisons to Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) seem inevitable. When shares of Apple were setting new highs last September, a few analysts gave the stock quadruple digit targets, including Topkea Research's infamous $1111 price target. Of course, Apple was never able to live up to expectations.
Shares of Google traded near $800 early Thursday.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’