Analysts Play Catch Up to Google's New All-Time High
By Sam Mattera | February 22, 2013 4:36 AM EST
Shares of Google (NASDAQ: GOOG [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) hit a new all-time high on Wednesday of $808.97. In light of this tremendous run, which saw shares rally nearly 20% in the last three months, several analysts raised their price targets on tech giant Thursday morning.
Deutsche Bank raised its price target from $850 to $935 and maintained its Buy rating.
Sanford Bernstein raised its price target from $820 to $1000 and maintained its Outperform rating.
CLSA raised its price target from $900 to $1000 and maintained its Buy rating.
Now with two $1000 price targets, the comparisons to Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) seem inevitable. When shares of Apple were setting new highs last September, a few analysts gave the stock quadruple digit targets, including Topkea Research's infamous $1111 price target. Of course, Apple was never able to live up to expectations.
Shares of Google traded near $800 early Thursday.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’