Chelsea Vs. Sparta Prague: Where To Watch Live Stream Online; Preview, Team News And Prediction
By Jason Le Miere | February 22, 2013 4:21 AM EST
Rafael Benitez is set to rotate his Chelsea side for the visit of Sparta Prague in the second-leg of the Europa League last-32 tie.
With the Blues in a commanding position having secured a 1-0 victory in the Czech Republic last week, Benitez has already confirmed that both Frank Lampard and Branislav Ivanovic will not be involved at Stamford Bridge.
Benitez is not worried about his side’s demanding schedule, however, and believes, following the return from African Cup of Nations duty of John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses and John Terry and David Luiz from injury, that he has a squad capable of competing on multiple fronts.
“We have a lot of confidence and the good thing is that there's competition between the players, that's important, especially if you play twice a week,” Benitez said, according to Chelsea’s official website.
“We have more competition now, which is a problem, but it's good for me. It's good because we have so many games and it's important to have the whole squad available.”
Demba Ba is cup-tied for the competition, but Benitez is keen that his side hammers down etheir advantage against Sparta Prague.
“We have to win tomorrow, progress in the competition and then w have tough games ahead,” he added. “The tournament is difficult; you can see that by the names left in.”
Sparta Prague striker David Lafata was guilty of missing more than one opportunity in the first leg and may be in jeopardy of losing his place to Cameroonian Leonard Kweuke. Former Chelsea man Jiri Jarosik is again likely to miss out through injury.
D: Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand
M: Ramires, Mikel
Moses, Oscar, Hazard
Sparta Prague (probable)
D: Zapotocny, Svejdik, Holek, Hybs
M: Husbauer, Vacha
Kadlec, Matejovsky, Krejci
Prediction: It was a poor game in Prague, with Sparta missing their chances to win the match and likely the tie as well. Even with a changed side, Chelsea should progress with something to spare.
Chelsea 2-0 Sparta Prague
Where to watch: The Europa League round-of-32 second-leg will kick-off at 3.05 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by the Fox Soccer Channel, with a live stream provided by Fox Soccer 2Go.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- 10 Celebrities Who Took The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt & LeBron James [VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features