Chelsea Vs. Sparta Prague: Where To Watch Live Stream Online; Preview, Team News And Prediction
By Jason Le Miere | February 22, 2013 4:21 AM EST
Rafael Benitez is set to rotate his Chelsea side for the visit of Sparta Prague in the second-leg of the Europa League last-32 tie.
With the Blues in a commanding position having secured a 1-0 victory in the Czech Republic last week, Benitez has already confirmed that both Frank Lampard and Branislav Ivanovic will not be involved at Stamford Bridge.
Benitez is not worried about his side’s demanding schedule, however, and believes, following the return from African Cup of Nations duty of John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses and John Terry and David Luiz from injury, that he has a squad capable of competing on multiple fronts.
“We have a lot of confidence and the good thing is that there's competition between the players, that's important, especially if you play twice a week,” Benitez said, according to Chelsea’s official website.
“We have more competition now, which is a problem, but it's good for me. It's good because we have so many games and it's important to have the whole squad available.”
Demba Ba is cup-tied for the competition, but Benitez is keen that his side hammers down etheir advantage against Sparta Prague.
“We have to win tomorrow, progress in the competition and then w have tough games ahead,” he added. “The tournament is difficult; you can see that by the names left in.”
Sparta Prague striker David Lafata was guilty of missing more than one opportunity in the first leg and may be in jeopardy of losing his place to Cameroonian Leonard Kweuke. Former Chelsea man Jiri Jarosik is again likely to miss out through injury.
D: Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand
M: Ramires, Mikel
Moses, Oscar, Hazard
Sparta Prague (probable)
D: Zapotocny, Svejdik, Holek, Hybs
M: Husbauer, Vacha
Kadlec, Matejovsky, Krejci
Prediction: It was a poor game in Prague, with Sparta missing their chances to win the match and likely the tie as well. Even with a changed side, Chelsea should progress with something to spare.
Chelsea 2-0 Sparta Prague
Where to watch: The Europa League round-of-32 second-leg will kick-off at 3.05 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by the Fox Soccer Channel, with a live stream provided by Fox Soccer 2Go.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time