Chelsea Vs. Sparta Prague: Where To Watch Live Stream Online; Preview, Team News And Prediction
By Jason Le Miere | February 22, 2013 4:21 AM EST
Rafael Benitez is set to rotate his Chelsea side for the visit of Sparta Prague in the second-leg of the Europa League last-32 tie.
With the Blues in a commanding position having secured a 1-0 victory in the Czech Republic last week, Benitez has already confirmed that both Frank Lampard and Branislav Ivanovic will not be involved at Stamford Bridge.
Benitez is not worried about his side’s demanding schedule, however, and believes, following the return from African Cup of Nations duty of John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses and John Terry and David Luiz from injury, that he has a squad capable of competing on multiple fronts.
“We have a lot of confidence and the good thing is that there's competition between the players, that's important, especially if you play twice a week,” Benitez said, according to Chelsea’s official website.
“We have more competition now, which is a problem, but it's good for me. It's good because we have so many games and it's important to have the whole squad available.”
Demba Ba is cup-tied for the competition, but Benitez is keen that his side hammers down etheir advantage against Sparta Prague.
“We have to win tomorrow, progress in the competition and then w have tough games ahead,” he added. “The tournament is difficult; you can see that by the names left in.”
Sparta Prague striker David Lafata was guilty of missing more than one opportunity in the first leg and may be in jeopardy of losing his place to Cameroonian Leonard Kweuke. Former Chelsea man Jiri Jarosik is again likely to miss out through injury.
D: Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand
M: Ramires, Mikel
Moses, Oscar, Hazard
Sparta Prague (probable)
D: Zapotocny, Svejdik, Holek, Hybs
M: Husbauer, Vacha
Kadlec, Matejovsky, Krejci
Prediction: It was a poor game in Prague, with Sparta missing their chances to win the match and likely the tie as well. Even with a changed side, Chelsea should progress with something to spare.
Chelsea 2-0 Sparta Prague
Where to watch: The Europa League round-of-32 second-leg will kick-off at 3.05 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by the Fox Soccer Channel, with a live stream provided by Fox Soccer 2Go.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery