Chelsea Vs. Sparta Prague: Where To Watch Live Stream Online; Preview, Team News And Prediction
By Jason Le Miere | February 22, 2013 4:21 AM EST
Rafael Benitez is set to rotate his Chelsea side for the visit of Sparta Prague in the second-leg of the Europa League last-32 tie.
With the Blues in a commanding position having secured a 1-0 victory in the Czech Republic last week, Benitez has already confirmed that both Frank Lampard and Branislav Ivanovic will not be involved at Stamford Bridge.
Benitez is not worried about his side’s demanding schedule, however, and believes, following the return from African Cup of Nations duty of John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses and John Terry and David Luiz from injury, that he has a squad capable of competing on multiple fronts.
“We have a lot of confidence and the good thing is that there's competition between the players, that's important, especially if you play twice a week,” Benitez said, according to Chelsea’s official website.
“We have more competition now, which is a problem, but it's good for me. It's good because we have so many games and it's important to have the whole squad available.”
Demba Ba is cup-tied for the competition, but Benitez is keen that his side hammers down etheir advantage against Sparta Prague.
“We have to win tomorrow, progress in the competition and then w have tough games ahead,” he added. “The tournament is difficult; you can see that by the names left in.”
Sparta Prague striker David Lafata was guilty of missing more than one opportunity in the first leg and may be in jeopardy of losing his place to Cameroonian Leonard Kweuke. Former Chelsea man Jiri Jarosik is again likely to miss out through injury.
D: Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand
M: Ramires, Mikel
Moses, Oscar, Hazard
Sparta Prague (probable)
D: Zapotocny, Svejdik, Holek, Hybs
M: Husbauer, Vacha
Kadlec, Matejovsky, Krejci
Prediction: It was a poor game in Prague, with Sparta missing their chances to win the match and likely the tie as well. Even with a changed side, Chelsea should progress with something to spare.
Chelsea 2-0 Sparta Prague
Where to watch: The Europa League round-of-32 second-leg will kick-off at 3.05 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by the Fox Soccer Channel, with a live stream provided by Fox Soccer 2Go.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date