ECB's Draghi does his bit with salary to fight inflation
February 22, 2013 4:00 AM EST
It's the European Central Bank's job to keep euro zone inflation in check and its boss appears to be doing his bit.
Mario Draghi's pay rose just 0.8 percent last year compared with what he and his predecessor as president, Jean-Claude Trichet, earned in 2011, ECB data shows.
The ECB targets inflation at below, but close to 2 percent.
Draghi is probably not hurting, however. He made 374,128 euros ($500,200) last year. On top of that, the Italian has the right to live for free at an ECB-owned residence.
Other Executive Board members also received similar pay raises, meaning their buying power decreased as prices rose 2.5 percent in the 17-country common currency bloc.
($1 = 0.7479 euros)
(Reporting by Sakari Suoninen. Editing by Jeremy Gaunt.)
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine