Honda Amaze with Diesel Engine to Hit Roads in April
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 11:45 PM EST
Japanese car manufacturer Honda is reportedly set to unveil its all new Honda Amaze in the domestic market this April.
Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform which was a scoring success in India's small car segment. The new model will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki's Swift and Swift DZire models.
"The newly developed iDTEC engine belongs to the new generation powertrain technology Earth Dreams Technology that realises both excellent driving performance and fuel economy at a high level. Amaze will be the first car from Honda to sport this new diesel engine. We feel that the contemporary style of Amaze and all the core values of Honda (durability, quality and reliability) will appeal to the growing base of entry level sedan customers," said Jnaneshwar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India on the soon to be launched Amaze.
On the mechanical front, the upcoming sedan is expected to pack a 1.5-litre i-DTEC Earth Dreams diesel engine. The power of the engine is yet to be known. The company has not revealed other features of the Amaze. It is expected that the vehicle will feature most of the specifications to suit the needs of Indian consumers at an affordable price.
"Honda needs to pull up its act. While there isn't much to cheer about, the Amaze should be the booster shot it desperately needs to get back into the reckoning," said Deepesh Rathore, India MD for IHS Automotive according to The Economic Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories