Honda Amaze with Diesel Engine to Hit Roads in April
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 11:45 PM EST
Japanese car manufacturer Honda is reportedly set to unveil its all new Honda Amaze in the domestic market this April.
Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform which was a scoring success in India's small car segment. The new model will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki's Swift and Swift DZire models.
"The newly developed iDTEC engine belongs to the new generation powertrain technology Earth Dreams Technology that realises both excellent driving performance and fuel economy at a high level. Amaze will be the first car from Honda to sport this new diesel engine. We feel that the contemporary style of Amaze and all the core values of Honda (durability, quality and reliability) will appeal to the growing base of entry level sedan customers," said Jnaneshwar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India on the soon to be launched Amaze.
On the mechanical front, the upcoming sedan is expected to pack a 1.5-litre i-DTEC Earth Dreams diesel engine. The power of the engine is yet to be known. The company has not revealed other features of the Amaze. It is expected that the vehicle will feature most of the specifications to suit the needs of Indian consumers at an affordable price.
"Honda needs to pull up its act. While there isn't much to cheer about, the Amaze should be the booster shot it desperately needs to get back into the reckoning," said Deepesh Rathore, India MD for IHS Automotive according to The Economic Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- MH17: ‘Trademark Trolls’ Make Profit Out of the Tragedy
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports