Honda Amaze with Diesel Engine to Hit Roads in April
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 11:45 PM EST
Japanese car manufacturer Honda is reportedly set to unveil its all new Honda Amaze in the domestic market this April.
Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform which was a scoring success in India's small car segment. The new model will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki's Swift and Swift DZire models.
"The newly developed iDTEC engine belongs to the new generation powertrain technology Earth Dreams Technology that realises both excellent driving performance and fuel economy at a high level. Amaze will be the first car from Honda to sport this new diesel engine. We feel that the contemporary style of Amaze and all the core values of Honda (durability, quality and reliability) will appeal to the growing base of entry level sedan customers," said Jnaneshwar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India on the soon to be launched Amaze.
On the mechanical front, the upcoming sedan is expected to pack a 1.5-litre i-DTEC Earth Dreams diesel engine. The power of the engine is yet to be known. The company has not revealed other features of the Amaze. It is expected that the vehicle will feature most of the specifications to suit the needs of Indian consumers at an affordable price.
"Honda needs to pull up its act. While there isn't much to cheer about, the Amaze should be the booster shot it desperately needs to get back into the reckoning," said Deepesh Rathore, India MD for IHS Automotive according to The Economic Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Sees Biggest After-Earnings Move; Share Price To Reach 3-Digit Mark
- Medibank IPO Seeks To Raise $4.8B Capital, Biggest Share Launch In Asia For 2014
- 65 Deaths In 1 Year Make Jobs In Transport & Storage Sector Most Dangerous In Australia
- Porsche, Pope, Sistine Chapel and The Godfather
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar