Honda Amaze with Diesel Engine to Hit Roads in April
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 11:45 PM EST
Japanese car manufacturer Honda is reportedly set to unveil its all new Honda Amaze in the domestic market this April.
Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform which was a scoring success in India's small car segment. The new model will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki's Swift and Swift DZire models.
"The newly developed iDTEC engine belongs to the new generation powertrain technology Earth Dreams Technology that realises both excellent driving performance and fuel economy at a high level. Amaze will be the first car from Honda to sport this new diesel engine. We feel that the contemporary style of Amaze and all the core values of Honda (durability, quality and reliability) will appeal to the growing base of entry level sedan customers," said Jnaneshwar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India on the soon to be launched Amaze.
On the mechanical front, the upcoming sedan is expected to pack a 1.5-litre i-DTEC Earth Dreams diesel engine. The power of the engine is yet to be known. The company has not revealed other features of the Amaze. It is expected that the vehicle will feature most of the specifications to suit the needs of Indian consumers at an affordable price.
"Honda needs to pull up its act. While there isn't much to cheer about, the Amaze should be the booster shot it desperately needs to get back into the reckoning," said Deepesh Rathore, India MD for IHS Automotive according to The Economic Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66