Russian Woman Dumps Boyfriend after Catching Him Cheating on Maps' Street View
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 9:12 PM EST
The creators of the Street View feature in online maps probably never anticipated their creation would, one day, do more than just help people around cities and towns.
A Russian woman dumped her boyfriend after she found him walking with his arms around his ex-girlfriend, thanks to Yandex Maps - a map site that is similar to Google Maps and is powered by a Russian search engine. Unlike Google Maps, the panoramic imagery on Yandex Maps does not blur away the faces of people appearing in pictures of its Street View mode.
Marina Voinova was trying to find an address on the site and switched to the Street View feature in order to get a closer and better look at the building she was looking for, when she found her boyfriend, Sasha, walking with his arms around another girl.
"First I noticed a familiar silhouette," Marina Voinova told Russian site LifeNews, talking about the moment she saw him with another girl.
"First I thought, 'how can someone else look so similar to my Sasha?' I looked more carefully, zoomed in and saw that it was indeed him," she added, "I realised that he was lying and cheating on me all this time."
Voinova could have dismissed the picture as one taken before she started dating Sasha. But what convinced her was the fact the pictures uploaded on the map are not more than three years old; she and her boyfriend have been dating for five years. Also, in the picture, Sasha is seen with a plaster on his hand, which he had to wear last summer for a bone fracture. There was no doubt then, that it was him.
When Voinova confronted her boyfriend, he immediately admitted to cheating on her but said it was his "silliness" and not his love for the other woman which lead him to infidelity. However, a hurt Voinova decided to end the relationship.
"I simply can't understand how I could live with this man," Voinova continued.
Voinova also told the Web site she and Sasha had plans to get married in the near future.
Check out the video of Voinova's interview with LifeNews, uploaded by user SpicyRussia:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga