Alien Slime Link to Somerset Comet Path Now 'Doubtful'
By Dominic Gover | February 21, 2013 8:57 PM EST
Mystery slime which appeared at a Somerset beauty spot may have come from outer space, after claims emerged of a 'comet' spotted in the area.
Alien-looking blobs appeared around Ham Well reserve in Somerset last week. Then pictures emerged of a UFO blazing a trail through the sky in the area.
The origin of the craft, which was snapped in the sky over Avalon Marshes, remains unexplained. Speculation on what exactly it was ranges from a flaming space satellite to a small Chinese lantern.
Wildlife photographer Annie Henderson spoke of the moment it appeared while she was snapping local birds.
"We were out photographing the starlings at 5.25pm and saw the bright thing in the sky, but thought it was just a high flying plane or a satellite.
"It was only the next morning that I uploaded the pictures on my computer and saw what was on the pictures when I zoomed in."
Drawing a causal link between the slime and the UFO is difficult and now speculation is claiming the alien goo may not be extra-terrestrial at all. Instead, frogs could be at the heart of the mystery.
The translucent goo could be the inedible part of a frog or toad coughed up by a bird. The ovaries can explode into a jelly-like mass.
Or it could be the leftover jelly from amphibian eggs from offspring which hatched and then quit the area.
Another theory has the unexplained slime as a funghi, which are often found after rainfall.
The incidents came to light in the wake of a huge asteroid strike in the Urals, in Russia. The space rock crashed to Earth in a shower of debris - causing panic, injuring up to 1,000 people and generating hours of sensational video footage.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Trina Targets French Montana And Kardashian In A Song To Show What Happens To A Reject
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best