Alien Slime Link to Somerset Comet Path Now 'Doubtful'
By Dominic Gover | February 21, 2013 8:57 PM EST
Mystery slime which appeared at a Somerset beauty spot may have come from outer space, after claims emerged of a 'comet' spotted in the area.
Alien-looking blobs appeared around Ham Well reserve in Somerset last week. Then pictures emerged of a UFO blazing a trail through the sky in the area.
The origin of the craft, which was snapped in the sky over Avalon Marshes, remains unexplained. Speculation on what exactly it was ranges from a flaming space satellite to a small Chinese lantern.
Wildlife photographer Annie Henderson spoke of the moment it appeared while she was snapping local birds.
"We were out photographing the starlings at 5.25pm and saw the bright thing in the sky, but thought it was just a high flying plane or a satellite.
"It was only the next morning that I uploaded the pictures on my computer and saw what was on the pictures when I zoomed in."
Drawing a causal link between the slime and the UFO is difficult and now speculation is claiming the alien goo may not be extra-terrestrial at all. Instead, frogs could be at the heart of the mystery.
The translucent goo could be the inedible part of a frog or toad coughed up by a bird. The ovaries can explode into a jelly-like mass.
Or it could be the leftover jelly from amphibian eggs from offspring which hatched and then quit the area.
Another theory has the unexplained slime as a funghi, which are often found after rainfall.
The incidents came to light in the wake of a huge asteroid strike in the Urals, in Russia. The space rock crashed to Earth in a shower of debris - causing panic, injuring up to 1,000 people and generating hours of sensational video footage.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- Princess Diana's Gravesite Algae-Infested, Earl Spencer Reportedly To Blame
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Human Barbie: Ukranian Teenager Lolita Richi Comes Out As A New Human Barbie, Possible Valeria Lukyanova Rival
- Kate Middleton Cried During Visit To London Tower With Prince William--- Reports
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features