Tablet Ownership In Canada Doubles, iPad Still Top Priority: Study
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 21, 2013 8:33 PM EST
The report by Media Technology Monitor, a research firm that monitors Canadians' use and adoption of new and existing technologies, was based on the poll of 2012 fall. The report suggests that an estimated 26 percent of Canadians owned a tablet which is more than double in a year (12 percent owned tablets in 2011) and seven times more than the 2010 data.
It also says that tablet users read more news, stream videos and most use them at home, although the tablet is called as mobile device.
iPad users seemed to be more passionate about their device since about 86 percent of all tablet owners said they would definitely or probably recommend their device to family and friends. While 61 percent of iPad owners said they would "definitely" recommend their device and 44 percent of other tablets owners said the same about their respective devices.
The report also shows that iPad users are more actively using the tablet, with 38 percent iPad owners saying they use their tablet several times in a day, compared to 25 percent of other tablet users. About 35 percent of iPad owners said they use the device at least once a day whereas only 34 percent of other tablet owners said the same.
Internet is the most common reason for using tablets since about 86 percent tablet users said they used tablet to browse web, 59 percent for playing games, 51 percent for reading news, 49 percent for social media, 39 percent for watching video, 35 percent for reading ebook, 31 percent for listening to audio and 11 percent to stream Netflix.
Even though tablets are considered mobile devices, majority of tablet owners said they most often used the device at home. Almost 82 percent use tablet at home, just 8 percent at work place, 2 percent while travelling or at schools and one percent use tablet either in coffee shop or restaurant or in car or in public transit.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight