Canadian MP Visits India To Hear Immigration Grievances
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 8:24 PM EST
Jinny Jogindera Sims, an Indian-born Canadian Member of Parliament, is currently away on a trip to India in a bid to find out the core grievances of Indian residents about problems they face while applying for the Canadian visa.
After paying obeisance at Golden Temple in the Indian state of Punjab, the Indian-Canadian parliamentarian Tuesday told reporters that she was all set to visit the Canadian consulates in Punjab and in India's capital city of Delhi to have a first-hand-information about the problems faced by the residents while opting for the Canadian visas.
Saying that she is an active advocate of Non-Resident Indians' issues in Canada, the Canadian Parliamentarian hinted that she always has a special place for India in her heart.
"Definitely, I always look to pay back to India where I was born. This is the reason that I take up NRIs' issues in Canada," said Jinny Jogindera Sims.
Applauding the Punjabis in Canada for playing vital roles in the development of the country, the Canadian MP urged the Indian youth to adopt legitimate ways to travel abroad.
The MP warned the Indian youth not to fall in the trap of dubious travel agents.
The MP said that she was working to solve all the South Asian immigration problems back in Canada apart from the issues of Non-Resident Indians.
"My constituency Newton North Delta has considerable population from the South Asian region. My stress is always to solve their issues, especially the immigration problems they face," the Hindustan Times quoted the MP as saying.
Sims got elected to the House of Commons in 2011.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian Govt Found Tinkering Wikipedia Crash Info
- Scientists Warn MERS Virus Could be Spread Airborne
- New Senator Jacqui Lambie Heats Up Aussie Radio by Saying Potential Suitor Should Be Rich and Well-Hung
- Australian Dollar Outlook - 22 July 2014
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports