LG Unveils Optimus F5, F7 Android Smartphones Ahead of MWC 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 8:10 PM EST
Korean smartphone manufacturer LG took the wraps off new smartphones of the Optimus F Series ahead of the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013.
The company has released several teaser images of the Optimus F5, F7 smartphones on Facebook before the launch. According to LG, the smartphones will go on sales in Europe and other selected markets in the second quarter of the year.
"LG continues to lead the industry with 4G LTE innovation and the Optimus F Series, a well-balanced an well-equipped 4G LTE smartphone for the mass market, embodies the best of our broad LTE patent portfolio and innovative UX features," said Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
LG Optimus F5 sports a 4.3-inch IPS display with a pixel density of 256ppi and is powered by a 1.2GHz Dual-Core processor. It runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system and packs a memory of 1GB RAM with 8GB internal storage which is expandable up to 32 GB through a microSD card. The smartphone has a 5-megapixel auto-focus rear camera and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes with a 2,150mAh battery.
LG Optimus F7, on the other hand, boasts a 4.7-inch True HD IPS screen and is powered by a 1.5GHz Dual-Core processor .The handst runs on the same Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system. The smartphone packs an 8-megapixel primary camera and a 1.3-megapixel camera on the front. The device comes with 2GB RAM and 8GB internal storage which is expandable. It packs a battery of 2,540mAh.
"With adoption of LTE expected to explode in 2013, we are sending a clear message to consumers with the Optimus F Series that LTE isn't just for heavy content users and techies anymore. It's for everyone," said Park.
LG is yet to reveal the prices of the new two smartphones. The two phones include 4G LTE connectivity and UX features like QSlide and Live Zooming.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff