LG Unveils Optimus F5, F7 Android Smartphones Ahead of MWC 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 8:10 PM EST
Korean smartphone manufacturer LG took the wraps off new smartphones of the Optimus F Series ahead of the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013.
The company has released several teaser images of the Optimus F5, F7 smartphones on Facebook before the launch. According to LG, the smartphones will go on sales in Europe and other selected markets in the second quarter of the year.
"LG continues to lead the industry with 4G LTE innovation and the Optimus F Series, a well-balanced an well-equipped 4G LTE smartphone for the mass market, embodies the best of our broad LTE patent portfolio and innovative UX features," said Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
LG Optimus F5 sports a 4.3-inch IPS display with a pixel density of 256ppi and is powered by a 1.2GHz Dual-Core processor. It runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system and packs a memory of 1GB RAM with 8GB internal storage which is expandable up to 32 GB through a microSD card. The smartphone has a 5-megapixel auto-focus rear camera and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes with a 2,150mAh battery.
LG Optimus F7, on the other hand, boasts a 4.7-inch True HD IPS screen and is powered by a 1.5GHz Dual-Core processor .The handst runs on the same Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system. The smartphone packs an 8-megapixel primary camera and a 1.3-megapixel camera on the front. The device comes with 2GB RAM and 8GB internal storage which is expandable. It packs a battery of 2,540mAh.
"With adoption of LTE expected to explode in 2013, we are sending a clear message to consumers with the Optimus F Series that LTE isn't just for heavy content users and techies anymore. It's for everyone," said Park.
LG is yet to reveal the prices of the new two smartphones. The two phones include 4G LTE connectivity and UX features like QSlide and Live Zooming.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine