LG Unveils Optimus F5, F7 Android Smartphones Ahead of MWC 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 8:10 PM EST
Korean smartphone manufacturer LG took the wraps off new smartphones of the Optimus F Series ahead of the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013.
The company has released several teaser images of the Optimus F5, F7 smartphones on Facebook before the launch. According to LG, the smartphones will go on sales in Europe and other selected markets in the second quarter of the year.
"LG continues to lead the industry with 4G LTE innovation and the Optimus F Series, a well-balanced an well-equipped 4G LTE smartphone for the mass market, embodies the best of our broad LTE patent portfolio and innovative UX features," said Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
LG Optimus F5 sports a 4.3-inch IPS display with a pixel density of 256ppi and is powered by a 1.2GHz Dual-Core processor. It runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system and packs a memory of 1GB RAM with 8GB internal storage which is expandable up to 32 GB through a microSD card. The smartphone has a 5-megapixel auto-focus rear camera and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes with a 2,150mAh battery.
LG Optimus F7, on the other hand, boasts a 4.7-inch True HD IPS screen and is powered by a 1.5GHz Dual-Core processor .The handst runs on the same Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system. The smartphone packs an 8-megapixel primary camera and a 1.3-megapixel camera on the front. The device comes with 2GB RAM and 8GB internal storage which is expandable. It packs a battery of 2,540mAh.
"With adoption of LTE expected to explode in 2013, we are sending a clear message to consumers with the Optimus F Series that LTE isn't just for heavy content users and techies anymore. It's for everyone," said Park.
LG is yet to reveal the prices of the new two smartphones. The two phones include 4G LTE connectivity and UX features like QSlide and Live Zooming.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans