Analysts Peg Net Borrowing Below ₹5 Trillion
February 21, 2013 7:40 PM EST
A growing chorus of analysts expect India to keep net borrowing below 5 trillion rupees. Analysts have put faith in Finance Minister P. Chidambaram's fiscal discipline, with budget projections factoring in a 4.8 percent deficit, similar to the official forecast.
That may trigger a rally in bonds in 2013, with yields having potential to fall to 7.25 pct.
Goldman Sachs estimates net borrowing at 4.91 trillion rupees with gross at 5.86 trillion rupees.
RBI may need to carry out 1 trillion rupees of OMOs in FY14 to meet government demand, anchor bond yields, bank says. It has a target for average 10-year bond yield for FY14 in 7.25-7.50 percent range.
Credit Suisse has an estimate of 4.7 trillion rupees for net borrowing, with the possibility of an upside if the government decides on buybacks.
Standard Chartered estimates net borrowing to be on the lower side of around 4.2-4.4 trillion rupees as it estimates 600 billion rupees of the current cash surplus going into funding the FY14 deficit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Economic Growth In US And Sub-Saharan Africa Allay 2015 Recession Fears
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- Australia's Low Birth Rate May Be Due to Low Confidence in Economy
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories