BSE Sensex Falls More Than 200 Points; Banks Hit
February 21, 2013 7:38 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is down 1.22 percent and the 50-share Nifty slips 1.21 percent, heading towards their biggest single day fall since October 8, 2012.
Domestic shares extend fall, tracking weak regional stocks on market talk of a hedge fund liquidating big global positions in commodities and worries that the U.S. Federal Reserve could wind down its bond-buying programme.
ABB (ABB.NS) shares fall 3.5 percent after the company reported a 74 percent fall in Oct-Dec net profit at 167.7 million rupees.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup