BSE Sensex Falls More Than 200 Points; Banks Hit
February 21, 2013 7:38 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is down 1.22 percent and the 50-share Nifty slips 1.21 percent, heading towards their biggest single day fall since October 8, 2012.
Domestic shares extend fall, tracking weak regional stocks on market talk of a hedge fund liquidating big global positions in commodities and worries that the U.S. Federal Reserve could wind down its bond-buying programme.
ABB (ABB.NS) shares fall 3.5 percent after the company reported a 74 percent fall in Oct-Dec net profit at 167.7 million rupees.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage