BSE Sensex Falls More Than 200 Points; Banks Hit
February 21, 2013 7:38 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is down 1.22 percent and the 50-share Nifty slips 1.21 percent, heading towards their biggest single day fall since October 8, 2012.
Domestic shares extend fall, tracking weak regional stocks on market talk of a hedge fund liquidating big global positions in commodities and worries that the U.S. Federal Reserve could wind down its bond-buying programme.
ABB (ABB.NS) shares fall 3.5 percent after the company reported a 74 percent fall in Oct-Dec net profit at 167.7 million rupees.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’